Had anoher ring around this morning

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

s.p.t plastering

And none of the big boys have nothing on, i know it's a bad time to ring round on top of xmas.

But just wanted to see if here was anything for new year, they all said same will take your details and pass them on, a few said they are going to be busy next year, end of january, but said they are fighting for contracts...Bad times

Some of the smaller companys seem to be fairly busy though.

Will have to concentrate on getting more of my own domestic stuff i think, not looking good.

i have been lucky to get onto site about a month ago but got told they are laying off some spreads and fixers, hopefully not me.
think next year is going to be the same tbh it might pick up in the summer but it wont come back now for a long time.
its easy to slash prices but people are going to blame this credit crunch for a while so i cant see anything going up (££££)

keep your chin up pal i know of spreads sellin up, jackin in because they cant afford to be plasterers anymore. domestics will pick up again in feb

mac_plastering said:
i have been lucky to get onto site about a month ago but got told they are laying off some spreads and fixers, hopefully not me.
think next year is going to be the same tbh it might pick up in the summer but it wont come back now for a long time.
its easy to slash prices but people are going to blame this credit crunch for a while so i cant see anything going up (££££)

keep your chin up pal i know of spreads sellin up, jackin in because they cant afford to be plasterers anymore. domestics will pick up again in feb

Really? spreads jack it in.

Sod that, only really just started out on my own aswell this year, and it's been terrible, really slow. been working with my brother and various other spreads and companys since i left school, so f**k packing it in, casuse i love it, and want to have a good bash at the domestic game, i want to try and learn some of these outside renders to.

U reckon it will pick up do you in febuary?

its usually no good ringin the big firms offices all you usually hear is we will pass your details on to our contracts managers, i usually find actually going on to sites its your best bet especially this time of year as they may be looking for lads to give a push and come in over xmas if you want that that is

napper83 said:
its usually no good ringin the big firms offices all you usually hear is we will pass your details on to our contracts managers, i usually find actually going on to sites its your best bet especially this time of year as they may be looking for lads to give a push and come in over xmas if you want that that is

Yeah, was thinking that, but will they let you just walk on site?

I've got a fair bit booked for the new year but generally I and others I've spoken to locally think it's going to stay as bad as or get worse next year, I do hope I'm wrong.

just ask at the security they usually have the numbers for the gaffers on site if its a big site if it small then then you can usually just walk on

s.p.t plastering said:
spunky said:
locally mate it'll go mental ;)

Next year?

What site work or domestic, or both?
just domestic mate, i was bored last friday and went round everyones house asking if there going to have any work done next year

I've found it very tough this year...but have learnt alot from the recession, never been in business through a recession...you have to advertise differently...sell differently...price differently etc etc interesting stuff hell of a challenge though pushed me to the limit on several occasions especially time wasting customers how blatantly haven't got the money to have work done, cancellations etc.

Can't see next year being any different...maybe more work but prices won't rise. Just common sense we are heavily in debt..its got to be paid off everyone is going to be effected apart from the very small minority who are rolling in it.

Im flat out, booked up till end of Feb.... Who said doing a six week course is a waste of money and you'll never be a plasterer... LOL, im doing sooo well mostly from recommendations off former jobs. Its nice to be able to put the 6 week course knockers in there place. It can be done lads!! Why take 4 years out of your life when you can be earning in 6 weeks!! Crack on!!

lol Big Mart careful m8...you may have it good for a few months but its maintaining that which is the challenge. Don't run before you can walk.

ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa graham norton is so funny ;D ;D ;D

Big Mart said:
Im flat out, booked up till end of Feb.... Who said doing a six week course is a waste of money and you'll never be a plasterer... LOL, im doing sooo well mostly from recommendations off former jobs. Its nice to be able to put the 6 week course knockers in there place. It can be done lads!! Why take 4 years out of your life when you can be earning in 6 weeks!! Crack on!!

b*ll***s

richardbrown said:
Big Mart said:

b*ll***s
[/ ::)quote]

yeh 4 years to learn how to float and set walls,ceiling's screeding,rendering,dashing,dot and dab,drylining,and much more, and yeh the first 6 weeks to make the tea

Liam Murray said:
yeh 4 years to learn how to float and set walls,ceiling's screeding,rendering,dashing,dot and dab,drylining,and much more, and yeh the first 6 weeks to make the tea

Good idea fella, run along and put the kettle on. Milk & 2 sugars for me!

irish_spread said:
i think hes enquiring about bell cast beads. Google drip beads or do the 8 week course

God there was a time when spunky was the only comedian on here... He must have been busy breeding a new breed of ass-hole!!

oh i say. Anyways gonna have to leave ye and love ye. Got to practice putting up plasterboard an then im gonna nip down me local for 8 quick stellas. Nitey night

Status
Not open for further replies.