Had a stroke at 34 years old

The shakes are DIRT! IMO, they shouldn't be called protein shakes. That's just a masterstroke in advertising. They are usually whey, and that's a by product of cheese. Humans weren't designed for that dirt. I was the same when training. Them shakes really messed my gut up. My shits where like tar and the smell, ypud have thought someone stuck a septic tank up my arse the smell was that bad.

If I where you, once your out of hospital. Get on the orgoinc veggie juices and eat bucket loads of it aswell because that's what's going to help repair you properly.
Yo , someone said earlier in thread about you , did you have a turn or something? I must of missed on another thread ?

Yo , someone said earlier in thread about you , did you have a turn or something? I must of missed on another thread ?

Been in bed from Fri after work. Fell of scaffolding onto a pile of sandstone and done my shoulder and arm in. Ive been in agony all wknd! I havent taken any meds in a decade but by fcuk, ive surley made up for it over this wknd. Ive been bating all sorts into me. I dont think anything is broke thou i could be wrong because my arm where i have 8 screws and a plate, its been really bad. Any time the meds ware off, its like a pumping pain with each heart beat. Shoulder f**k*d to because landed on it straight onto the stones trying to protect my face. I was rushing trying to cover someone-elses wages i had with me and ive paid heavy price for it. Going to lay up and take rest of the week off and see how i get on before i make a decision about returning.

Heres where i fell however this pic is before scaffolding/ more stone . It was maybe only 4 feet but enough to cause me serious pain and keep me out for awhile!

IMG_20170307_093307.jpg

Been in bed from Fri after work. Fell of scaffolding onto a pile of sandstone and done my shoulder and arm in. Ive been in agony all wknd! I havent taken any meds in a decade but by fcuk, ive surley made up for it over this wknd. Ive been bating all sorts into me. I dont think anything is broke thou i could be wrong because my arm where i have 8 screws and a plate, its been really bad. Any time the meds ware off, its like a pumping pain with each heart beat. I was rushing trying to cover someone-elses wages i had with me and ive paid heavy price for it. Going to lay up and take rest of the week off and see how i get on before i make a decision about returning.
If you're in bad shape u need to take the time. I've learned even with the small injuries, I've tried to plough on and they take forever to heal. Went over ankle and didn't take time off, must have strained ligaments or something for it was sore for months after and even now gets a stiff, kind of achey thing in it now and again, and same when I broke my hand I was in the monday and didn't take time off and I don't think it healed right for now n again get a wee dull ache in it.

If you're in bad shape u need to take the time. I've learned even with the small injuries, I've tried to plough on and they take forever to heal. Went over ankle and didn't take time off, must have strained ligaments or something for it was sore for months after and even now gets a stiff, kind of achey thing in it now and again, and same when I broke my hand I was in the monday and didn't take time off and I don't think it healed right for now n again get a wee dull ache in it.

I know but im an idiot! When i broke my arm, i was in hospital getting an operation, pins and a plate in it on the monday morning or sunday and was on site tuesday mixing, lifting block up a scaffold building a chimney. HAve done shoulder in before and again, on site before healed properly. This time though might be different after reading this thread. Look after no-1

I know but im an idiot! When i broke my arm, i was in hospital getting an operation, pins and a plate in it on the monday morning or sunday and was on site tuesday mixing, lifting block up a scaffold building a chimney. HAve done shoulder in before and again, on site before healed properly. This time though might be different after reading this thread. Look after no-1
I'm the same, can't afford time off and get fed up off. So just Plough on. I had to wear a marigold over the cast on the hand incase I was put off Job due to health m safety. Lol but I do that all the time I try n grit the teeth and get on with it. Next time I mangle myself (hopefully won't happen but no doubt will. Some time) o think I'll had a take the time to let myself heal. Seeing this puts it in perspective for he's only couple years older than me.

I'm the same, can't afford time off and get fed up off. So just Plough on. I had to wear a marigold over the cast on the hand incase I was put off Job due to health m safety. Lol but I do that all the time I try n grit the teeth and get on with it. Next time I mangle myself (hopefully won't happen but no doubt will. Some time) o think I'll had a take the time to let myself heal. Seeing this puts it in perspective for he's only couple years older than me.

The things we do for a few quid! I can afford to take time off thou. Its just im a hungry c**t. Im saving to buy a second home to do up and want it yesterday!

Well I can afford it in the fact I owe f**k all to anybody, but I got married in Feb so back account took a brave hit. U know we got a lot back in gifts etc, but basically saving to try n get a mortgage for I'd like to get one soon, I don't fancy paying mortgage til Im due to kick the bucket (if I make it that far) plus tempted to go on the split with a mate if we can get our hands on a decent nuff run of work. Want to get change car soon and prob van next year. All money money money lol

I'm near tempted to invest in a house in a council estate (could get one relatively cheap) to rent out as a nest egg, even before we buy our own. Just cogs turning though atm lol

View attachment 17439 im in hospital chaps,, had a stroke yesterday and thought I was going to die. If one good thing has come from this it's made me think about not being obsessed with money and work and to prioritise my life around family and health the only things that reallymatter , thankfully my arms and legs still work and my speech and face is ok

good luck on recovery matey.
youve made me think about slowing down a bit.
all the best to you and your family mate.

Reactions: gps
I've been overwhelmed guys by all the nice messages I just want someone out there who is stressed to not worry I'm not working for a while Clemo I'm not allowed to drive and I won't get out of hospital until they know why this happened. I'm so proud of myself for seeing clarity and I managed to crawl into the kitchen when I was in the middle of having a stroke so my girls didn't see their daddy on the floor suffering, it really helps to talk about what happened

Wishing you a speedy recovery mate.

Crazy how it takes something so serious for us to realise what matters most!

People don't realise how much talking about things helps.
There's a stigma with men that talking about things is a sign of weakness but it can actually make you stronger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe helpful on the thread to post this.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thin...owles-lost-weight-went-vegan-and-found-himse/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07xs1v8 (doesnt seem to be streamable but im sure someone can find it )

Basically its your man off DIY SOS , they go to Thailand and do a 4 week retreat.

Its quite good as you can identify with the lads being loosely from a construction type background , Overweight , stress , cholesterol , diet , heart conditions etc etc.

They go for this which they dismiss as a bit airy fairy then sort of get into it as the show goes on and end up re-evaluating their lifestyle choices at the end.

Worth a watch , it does break down that hard man image of the typical site worker and their approach to well-being.

Are you sure it wasn't caused by the broken Nela

On a more serious note, I wish you all the best, hope you recovery soon :)

Reactions: gps
Hope you have a quick recovery mate then keep to your new way of thinking and working. The stroke may have saved your life in long run.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Cornelius that's awful news but thankfully not damaged you too much. Really hope you back home with your family very soon and it's sad to think this situation had to happen in order to give you a "wake up call" regard your priorities etc. I think we are (most of us) guilty of being workaholics putting family second. Best wishes mate, Greg

View attachment 17439 im in hospital chaps,, had a stroke yesterday and thought I was going to die. If one good thing has come from this it's made me think about not being obsessed with money and work and to prioritise my life around family and health the only things that reallymatter , thankfully my arms and legs still work and my speech and face is ok
As the old saying goes what the point of winning the world and loosing your health and ending up 6ft under get well soon m8

Hello all, I've been discharged from hospital and the doctors haven't yet decided what happened I've got another heart test yet but at the moment it's a mystery, taking it easy at home now been signed off for a month and I've got some daily medication

Hello all, I've been discharged from hospital and the doctors haven't yet decided what happened I've got another heart test yet but at the moment it's a mystery, taking it easy at home now been signed off for a month and I've got some daily medication

You take your time. I think I speak for all that we are relieved your ok (well as expected) your health and your family much more important than f**k**g plastering. If I win big on the lottery tonight mate? Il see you right luv Marshy