Had a nightmare

maybe
I'm far from retirement

like most lads on here

we've simply no hope
My dad bless him 77 and won’t stop, he ain’t a plasterer but a mechanic for most of his life, 12-14 hour shift when me and my snotty bros and little sis growing up.

If he bonding bubbles treat it like artex and let first coat pull in before second . Maybe a few flatner to get worse of bubbles out. Second coat will go on fine

From bonding master.

@carl-the-plasterer
giphy (29).gif

Cheers for the feedback people, I know some dnt pva bonding if done the same day and I know some people do PVA bonding if done the same day, like I said in my post I've done the same process when skimming bonded walls loads off times and never had a issue until the other day. In the end I just reskimmed it after checking that it was all sound and had no dramas. I will just put it down to bad suction control and when I do another bonded and skim job I will try a different way and see.
When u pva before bonding it must have dried fast the pva. So that meant the walls where high suction, u should have gave it another 1 before the bonding, some old houses have lime in the original plaster, if u see loads of hairline cracks everywhere that’s normally a good indicator that the walls are thirsty and need a few coats of pva , if u pva and try’s quick within 5 mins deffo another pva etc

When u pva before bonding it must have dried fast the pva. So that meant the walls where high suction, u should have gave it another 1 before the bonding, some old houses have lime in the original plaster, if u see loads of hairline cracks everywhere that’s normally a good indicator that the walls are thirsty and need a few coats of pva , if u pva and try’s quick within 5 mins deffo another pva etc
Problem wasn't the bonding cracking or Pva drying to quick it was he over pvad the bonding and the moisture had nowhere to go so his multi bubbled

Problem wasn't the bonding cracking or Pva drying to quick it was he over pvad the bonding and the moisture had nowhere to go so his multi bubbled
I thought those bubbles where air trapped because the water went too quick and the air had no where to go?

I thought those bubbles where air trapped because the water went too quick and the air had no where to go?
Not 100% to be honest, but I don't remember ever getting bubbles when the multi goes off quick, as it would if the water went too quick? Only ever had bubbling if I got impatient and went over a bonded ceiling too quickly from memory