hack it off or eml

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

basset

hi all rendering a wall for my friend whos just moved house have done abit before but not onto old render so thought id get a little advice!

was going to hack it all off but now my friend has said to me now that he doesnt want to hack it all off and wants me to render straight onto the old render if we just get the crap stuff off.

I am very reluctant to do this as the old render is painted, so new render will be held onto the old stuff just by the paint.

I have told him i dont want to do this as it will fall off in the end.

i did suggest if he doesnt want to hack it all off then could fix eml sheets to it first?
am i right in doing this?anybody else had the same situation with any of your customers?
cheers for your time

depends on how bad the render is, Is it blown or solid. is the paint flacking??. If the render is solid, you could high a pin gun and go over the whole render and remove just the paint with the gun. then apply a coat of rendaid or cpi highbond and bed render mesh into that ( not eml) leave a week and render with mono or sand and cement.

If the render is blown then it really has to come off as what you put on over the top is only as good as what already there.

hey thanks for the reply, In some parts the render is good, however on other parts the paint is flaking badly and then other parts the render is blown and falling off with a little tap.

I havnt used a pin gun? are they straight forward to use?

thanks

In my experience , i have tried all ways to go over old but now i will not do it , if client does not want it hacked back to brick i will not do it , but its your decision , as long as you make it clear there is no gaurentee i suppose your covered

Blade

you said render is blown mate so like above I wouldnt do it unless its taken off. The customer will tell you how they are willing to take a chance but when the s**t hits the fan they will bite you right in the b*ll***s mate.

Same again innit do you do the job proper or scarper and run, you know the answer to your question got to make your own mind up.

Status
Not open for further replies.