H section

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
An I section (look at the profile it looks like this .. I ..) is for scraping back mono render just before you rub up.

An H section (profile looks like this ..h..) is just a straight edge for ruling off renders, hardwall etc, the h just refers to the handle design.

2 different tools

Rich

exactly as rich says Lucius, its the shape of the handle that gives it the name but I see how it could cause confusion as the I section is also a capital H shape but because the new handle design rules that became popular instead of a darbie were alread called h-rules we call the scraping bar an I section its the when you look at the cut end of the tool that you see the letter h-rules are small h, your fingers go round and your thumbs inside and the I-section is a capital I shape.

god i hope this helps I am actually confusing myself now

H and I are the same shape but one has bigger flanges :)

Maybe we need a treminology thread.

I remember all the confusion over mix, set and batch in a few threads.

Mix, set and batch are all the same thing, it means how much you put on in one go.

Gotcha i have both its just that ive seen i sections called H sections for obvious resons so they should be called h sections .

for christ sake, is this thread going to run just for the sake of it. worrior, rich and others have explained what it is , fanny has now got one so what the **** is everyone going on about including me :-0

As strange as it seems the I section needs breaking in too imo. slightly banana shaped is best not perfectly rigid and straight I find. Can use it more as a finisher then and not waste tons of material by ruling a bit tighter

Status
Not open for further replies.