gyp bond/ unibond price

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nicksey1401

hello lads ive been asked to quote for a reskim so i'm charging 5.50 labour only for skim, beading, scrim plus 25 an hour for daywork for prepping as it has bits of bonding and gypbonding through the entire house but the lad wants a metre price including the qypbond .......... :-? errr ive been lucky enough to do the daywork rate in the past but know i'm a bit stuck?? i was thinking of charging an extra 2 for the qypbond £1 per m for the qyp and £1per m for labour am i a mile out???? and then theres the patching? surely this can only be done on daywork???

can you not just put a price in for the job full stop, its got to be easier in the long run

Are you doing the job on your own ? what is the total meterage and will the guy take out doors and windows from your meterage ? if you have a lad to help you and can do the prep in front of you £5.50 not a bad price , if not i would work out how long it would take me to do the patches and bond the walls and work that into the rate , lets say you want to earn £250 a day and theres 300 sq m , 1 day patches 1 day bond the walls and 4 days to skim thats 6 days x £250=£1500 divide that by 300 gives you £5 per meter.

cheers for the replies lads in all honesty where i'm working isn't exactly local and it seemed pretty straight forward if a bit bitty so i thought without walking the course measuring up it'd be easier for me to do the job subject to remeasure plus a bit of daywork .........but it was all going fine till he said he wants it all inc and i didnt have the time to measure up :-/ so i told him i'd work out a price and get back to him i'll have to work it out know while the cloggs are still ticking ;)
cheers church ;)

add an extra £500 because i can guarantee the sparks been in and made a mess and the jobs completely different, make the time to call in.

;D ;D don't worry i've given him the unforseen extras speech but you are right i'm going to shoot the sparkys if they don't leave the job i'm on at the minute ive had enough :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.