Gulp!!! ever forgot to mesh a stretch patch!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie

Private Member
Had guite a good day today considering the rain and managed to get a little thincoat all done ready for a bucket coat next wk.....

and then I saw a 600mm x 600mm piece of mesh which just thought was an off cut in the skip then rememberd...S..H..I..T..!!! (FOOOOKIN STRESS PATCH!!!)

come on we all must have done it gulp!!! ??? plz anyone?? plz plz...someone just lie to me if they haven't!!!...its going to ruin my bloody wknd now thinking bout it!!!:RpS_crying:

Just run over there are plsce it on. Keep the gear tight. Be fine mate

its all meshed but haven't put an additional stress patch mesh at 1 of the openings so Dan would you

A) just leave and top coat with 1.5 silicone and not worry
B) try and put some more gear over the top and bed it in
C) foook knows try and put some on top of the render with a stapler/silicone and just try and cover with the 1.5mm texture

Gulp I know all 3 options are shiiiiite!...realy don't like feeling like doing a bad job:RpS_crying:

its all meshed but haven't put an additional stress patch mesh at 1 of the openings so Dan would you

C) foook knows try and put some on top of the render with a stapler/silicone and just try and cover with the 1.5mm texture

Gulp I know all 3 options are shiiiiite!...realy don't like feeling like doing a bad job:RpS_crying:

Knock up loose basecoat and bed one in

you forgot D.....................Sandtex............................:RpS_thumbup:

Knock up loose basecoat and bed one in

Thanks Dan, that's what I was thinking also gutted though as id rubbed it all up aswell....

Btw its just underneath a window opening not above a door/lintel would you be less worried about that???

Thanks again bud

Thanks Dan, that's what I was thinking also gutted though as id rubbed it all up aswell....

Btw its just underneath a window opening not above a door/lintel would you be less worried about that???

Thanks again bud

Treat all stresses as equals. Dont be racist!!!lol

Treat all stresses as equals. Dont be racist!!!lol

lol......

Come on Dan ffs play the game!!! plz just tell me its only below a window that get opens once a day it will be fine zombie you don't need to go back and rumidge through the skip for a bit of a gear and knock on the customers door on sat am with egg on my face!!!:RpS_thumbsup:

lol......

Come on Dan ffs play the game!!! plz just tell me its only below a window that get opens once a day it will be fine zombie you don't need to go back and rumidge through the skip for a bit of a gear and knock on the customers door on sat am with egg on my face!!!:RpS_thumbsup:

You CRACK me up zombie! Haha get it. Lol.

Its upto you mate. If you risk it for a biscuit or add one in. Zombie its over to you

Is this on insulation? If it is worrying you then as Dan says put a tight coat of base coat on, mesh and feather in.

I probably would do it. The cost of a come back is too great if you are responsible for the work. Good luck with it.

Is this on insulation? If it is worrying you then as Dan says put a tight coat of base coat on, mesh and feather in.

I probably would do it. The cost of a come back is too great if you are responsible for the work. Good luck with it.

Hi Rigsby,

Its on brickwork but a thin coat job etc that's all completely meshed but just forgot the additional horizontal stress patch etc

Its just on 1 corners below a window

Thanks Zombie

I wouldn't worry too much about it then. At least it has mesh in for the horizontal and vertical strands. Done years of rendering without any mesh at all. It is only in recent years we have started to use mesh not that it is a bad thing.

Think 4mm is too small though. 5mm at least. I can see future failings where render comes off in sheets right back to a sheet of mash.

I wouldn't worry too much about it then. At least it has mesh in for the horizontal and vertical strands. Done years of rendering without any mesh at all. It is only in recent years we have started to use mesh not that it is a bad thing.

Think 4mm is too small though. 5mm at least. I can see future failings where render comes off in sheets right back to a sheet of mash.

Thanks Rigsby,

Always really appreciate your feedback and knowledge:RpS_thumbup:

Thanks Zombie

@Rigsby is one of the very very few on here who always offers genuine help and never takes the pissss !! He's always given top advice to me on modern stuff and I think the guy deserves a pint !!!! :RpS_thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Rigsby is one of the very very few on here who always offers genuine help and never takes the pissss !! He's always given top advice to me on modern stuff and I think the guy deserves a pint !!!! :RpS_thumbup:

Absoloutley Marshy!

A real genuine diamond, hes a true legend he gives and gives and gives without the need himself to receive back from anyone on here!

A genuine proper top bloke!!:RpS_thumbup:

Absoloutley Marshy!

A real genuine diamond, hes a true legend he gives and gives and gives without the need himself to receive back from anyone on here!

Couldn't agree more chaps , one of the forums best. I click on his posts even if I'm not interested or following a thread.respect:RpS_thumbup:

Absoloutley Marshy!

Zombie, liked your post because you obviously care about your work. Find myself going home thinking, should have done this, did I do that, F*****g hate havin a conshens :)..good stuff!!

Thanks for all the kind words gents.

Marshy and Zombie, you both come across as conscientious men who want to get it right. But that it was the forum is for, to help each other.

I myself has had advice recently about Nano masking tape and back wrap. An offer to see sprayed on acrylic. Always learning.

The rendering market is always evolving and the forum helps us all keep ahead in the game.

I'm just glad your still alive Rigsby. Reading through the above tributes I thought you must have passed on.

I agree though, a wealth of knowledge through hard earned experience, willing to share, and learn. RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.