Guidlines

Djw74

The government guidelines have said from the start you can work ... I understand people want to do the right thing but Is the right thing not to follow government guidelines?
They say you can work even in people’s homes so why should you ?

Attachments

• D8CE3E6C-2402-472F-B95B-032981512A0C.png
    D8CE3E6C-2402-472F-B95B-032981512A0C.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 183
At a rough guess I would say the reason you shouldn’t is simple, to stop the potential spread of a potentially deadly virus, but if ppl want to work there’s nothing stopping them, apart from the fact they either may unknowingly be carrying the virus or working somewhere with somebody who has it, it may not kill you or them, but there’s still a chance, however small that it could.

The government guidelines have said from the start you can work ... I understand people want to do the right thing but Is the right thing not to follow government guidelines?
They say you can work even in people’s homes so why should you ?
So if you read they guidelines you deem plastering, essential or a emergency.
Lol

Might get some hate for this but I’ve been working in a few folks house lately. I’ve probably rubbed more shoulders with folks in the Asda queue and been more at risk . I get the customer to open the door for me and politely ask them to stay in another room . I take my own kettle.

Might get some hate for this but I’ve been working in a few folks house lately. I’ve probably rubbed more shoulders with folks in the Asda queue and been more at risk . I get the customer to open the door for me and politely ask them to stay in another room . I take my own kettle.
No hate,but you are breaking guidelines.

You are a tradesperson carrying out essential repairs and maintenance in people’s homes. You can continue work, providing that you are well and have no symptoms. You should notify all clients in advance of your arrival.

On entry to the home you should wash your hands using soap and water for 20 seconds. You should wash your hands regularly, particularly after blowing your nose, sneezing or coughing, and when leaving the property. Where facilities to wash hands are not available, hand sanitiser should be used, and you should carry this with you at all times.

You should maintain a safe distance (at least 2 metres) from any household occupants at all times, and ensure good ventilation in the area where you are working, including opening the window.

No work should be carried out in any household which is isolating or where an individual is being shielded, unless your work is to remedy a direct risk to the safety of the household, such as emergency plumbing or repair.

No work should be carried out by a tradesperson who has coronavirus symptoms

Lol that shopping thing is what loads of people are saying , you are doubling your risk of getting it you idiot ffs thick as s**t

I just do what I want as gingers ar eimmune. Went to a job other day had a kick about with there 4 kids . Then had full english and a brew before I started .
Its says you can work if you cant work from home just stick to the guide lines . I believe the lads who go in are taking precautions and not licking customers faces .
I.m in Monday with lad . Think there will be 4 of us on big job and wont see other two . But defo wont be licking each others faces

Have you got any kids?

I just do what I want as gingers ar eimmune. Went to a job other day had a kick about with there 4 kids . Then had full english and a brew before I started .
Its says you can work if you cant work from home just stick to the guide lines . I believe the lads who go in are taking precautions and not licking customers faces .
I.m in Monday with lad . Think there will be 4 of us on big job and wont see other two . But defo wont be licking each others faces
How do you know where or what that lads been up to while this has all been going on??
Good luck and All the best mate!

The supermarket argument again :tonto:

The only ones no liking this is the ones going to occupied houses,were are they.
The lad that created the thread never read the guidelines,he is justyfying going.it dosent say you can work in peoples home if you are a plasterer.
Omg

The only ones no liking this is the ones going to occupied houses,were are they.
The lad that created the thread never read the guidelines,he is justyfying going.it dosent say you can work in peoples home if you are a plasterer.
Omg
Well in fact they do say you can? It's just most people realise it's a f**k**g dumb idea

Were does it say plasterer can work in occupied house
It says you can go to work if you cant work from home it doesnt say you cant go . Bit misleading. I.ve had a few calls for domestics desperate for work to be done last few days. I dont see prob if you lay rules out before you go.

Were does it say plasterer can work in occupied house
It says if you can't work from home and can stay 2 meters away then you can go to work. It's ridiculous as you'd be going into a house with their breath and germs over absolutely everything.
Feel free to show me where it says you can't though

It says you can go to work if you cant work from home it doesnt say you cant go . Bit misleading. I.ve had a few calls for domestics desperate for work to be done last few days. I dont see prob if you lay rules out before you go.
Problem is in the post I just did. Your walking into a house full of their germs, if they had the virus you would almost certainly get it to

Tradespeople and working in people’s homes
You are a tradesperson carrying out essential repairs and maintenance in people’s homes. You can continue work, providing that you are well and have no symptoms. You should notify all clients in advance of your arrival.

On entry to the home you should wash your hands using soap and water for 20 seconds. You should wash your hands regularly, particularly after blowing your nose, sneezing or coughing, and when leaving the property. Where facilities to wash hands are not available, hand sanitiser should be used, and you should carry this with you at all times.

You should maintain a safe distance (at least 2 metres) from any household occupants at all times, and ensure good ventilation in the area where you are working, including opening the window.

No work should be carried out in any household which is isolating or where an individual is being shielded, unless your work is to remedy a direct risk to the safety of the household, such as emergency plumbing or repair.

No work should be carried out by a tradesperson who has coronavirus symptoms, however mild.

Do you deem skimming a room essential.
Police deem not
A extension is it essential
Is it a emergency

Are you in receipt of any government funds?

I’m working tomorrow I’m to embarrassed to say what the guy is paying me for the day! All il say is it was him that suggested the price and I said are you sure? He said yes I need it done got trades waiting (y) Corona prices:bananas::buitre:

I’m working tomorrow I’m to embarrassed to say what the guy is paying me for the day! All il say is it was him that suggested the price and I said are you sure? He said yes I need it done got trades waiting (y) Corona prices:bananas::buitre:
No relevance in how much he is paying you. You said yes i will do it.
I would have said no before he got to cost.
I have family that work in the nhs and its tragic whats going on in hospitals,that what pisses me off about domestics working the now.