GUIDE TO RENDERING, YOU CANT GO WORNG

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
merlin said:
always wondered why dogs done that until i tried it ,its a f@cking mental feeling.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I thought it was called sledging though...
:-\

spark2010 said:
go on irish

i know what u mean by scudding... the proper way, the irish way
seen my dublin mate doing that...

You know it Sparks2010 my amigo but Dubs are stooopid I have to point out ;D

Think people are nicking spades from the gardening section to dig up all these old threads..............:RpS_thumbup:
bet morph is going potty about it..........:RpS_laugh:.........potty..........morph.........awesome

if you were rendering an old cottage, you would use lime

say 5 -1 (5 sand and 1 lime) no cement at all

wrong again mate 2 lime 5 aggregate

same here..depends on the aggregate being used with lime...the void ratio will dictate what ratio of binder that should be gauged...

Makes me laugh how someone with very little experience with rendering can write a guide to it on a plastering forum......little wonder the guides crap.

It would be like me writing a guide to stripping down an engine on a mechanics forum......they'd rip me to shreds no doubt!

I've been doing 3.5 to 1 followed by 4 to 1 for years and never had
any problems, mind you I always scud thermalites

stipple coats or splatter dash coats...never seen the necessity myself on substates which already have key & suction, like concrete block or thermalite...the only time i use it is on really soft stone or house brick and thats using lime where key is paramount....

thermalite being such hi suction i like to prime that with sbr..waterproofer in the scratch...internally floating with hardwall can be a nightmare, so gyprime can be beneficial for 30 plus metre float n sets

OCR is the way to go now, pre mixed, one coat no adding up... just add watter

do you get much gear from Durham Render steve??......obviously your a bit of a national jet setter these days and training guru so you probs get ya gear from all over the place

OCR is the way to go now, pre mixed, one coat no adding up... just add watter

Expensive though compared to S&C isn't it?

I've not seen any of this stuff, is it as tough and hard wearing. What does it rule off and rub up like with it going on in one coat?

4,1 scratch to 6.1 top ive used and never gone wrong also ive used 4.1 scratch and 5.1 top ive never heard of a figure of eight rubbing up. ive used a figure eight on bonding. hardwall. hope this helps

let me get this straight your still yet to finish a plastering course and your writting a guide...are u for real?? unbelievable!!

I know spreads with 35 years behind them and they think pva outside is fine.

applying the product with skill so it looks good is one thing, but I am a firm beleiver that if you know nothing about the chemicals or products you use then you aint coming in.

Agree completely

20 full shovels of sand too a bag of cement.....half shovel of lime...a glug of feb (fairy)...

Scratch coat....same again too top.
float then sponge.

Get paid get pissed.
start again.

Status
Not open for further replies.