Grit fail

Members online

John j

Mono Don
Did a full house over artex . Used bostik cementone . Two bits have come away on two ceilings gonna go back and sort it for kid. Buy just wondered if anyone's got compensation when they have had a fail after using a certain product

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210731-112332_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20210731-112332_WhatsApp.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 250
Did a full house over artex . Used bostik cementone . Two bits have come away on two ceilings gonna go back and sort it for kid. Buy just wondered if anyone's got compensation when they have had a fail after using a certain product
Had the same issues with grit 2 out of about 5 times I've used it.
Never get the opinion that grit is a superior product to Pva. That whole ceiling looks like it'll shell off.
Never tried to get compo, can't see it happening

I've had it fail twice its one of those things

Nobody's suggesting John didn't scrape the high points

:LOL:
f**k**g lad never little c**t. Though to be fair it was solid. Rest of ceiling I filled with skim and let set then pva.d n skimmed . . On a good not its only this bit as rest of house wasn't deep . I.ll pop back and sort it for him .

God help us all when the current crop of new builds needs refurbishing in 20 years time.

It's gonna be an absolute sh|tstorm

I always give them options and say overskim is not guaranteed

Yes, agreed, but if people don't grasp the very real likelihood of cracking/flaking because of thickness of the overskim, then they don't really grasp WHY it's worth paying for overboarding (even if you try to explain it to them). If they don't grasp it, they just don't grasp it, and they often feel it's an unnecessary extra expense :(

"You can lead a horse to water..."

I really wish more people (especially customers) could understand this concept when they're refusing to pay the cost of overboarding.
Majority of my work for past 20 years has been overskim artex , only do day rate , I let the customer choose if they want to risk it , they'll be paying if it goes tit's up , about 1 in 10 go for overboard

There was a point that bowed down . (Can't get video from watts app to here) like some work had beed done previous . Wall took out or summet
Joists may not have been up to new span , if so that's not the only bit that's coming loose

I would be interested to hear what the manufacturers says. I had a failure with Blue Grit, not touched it since. Only use Bostik Cementone now :oops:.