Grit fail

Members online

Grit is designed to be used on surfaces with little or no suction such as tiles & smooth concrete for example, and the grit gives the key to enable the plaster to adhere to it. If the grit is dry and does not contain sufficient grit the plaster hasn’t got anything to grip to. With tacky PVA the Gypsum crystals that grow during the setting process can grow in to the PVA.
Hope that answers your question.
For record is skimming dry pva bad practice

I’ve bought a microscope recently, so when I’ve finished analysing COVID I’m gonna see what’s going on with the bond between tacky and dry pva (y)

Bit of a up date
Seems a load of damp soots come down . Personally not.blaming that but takes a bit.of blame of me
Screenshot_20210804-194145_WhatsApp.jpg

Did a full house over artex . Used bostik cementone . Two bits have come away on two ceilings gonna go back and sort it for kid. Buy just wondered if anyone's got compensation when they have had a fail after using a certain product
Yes only time grit or pva will fail if backround not sound. But sometimes it hard to say. Strip ceiling over board full guarantee . Or round the conner guarantee for over skim!

I've had a lot of trouble last couple of years with pva not doing it's job, as in the skim separating, and sliding. Can anyone recommend a good brand of pva.

College teacher told me PVA is PVA and it doesn’t matter which one you get
That may be true in a chemical factory but it gets stamped on as it passes through the dealers
Amsterdam always had purer stuff imo