greyish plasterboard asbestos?

Members online

roryston

Just took about 1 metre by a foot of old plasterboard down.

It was grey, brown paper eatheside and been skimmed.

So I've just googled it and theres not much information on it.

Some parts are whiteish as well and airy inside.

The ceailing suffered a leak for years so I'm guessing the constant wet and drying may of turned it greyish?

Also I put a bit in a puddle and after a few minutes the material itself started going mushy?

Just want a second opinion on it that's all.

Love you all lots xx

ANy photos?
WP_20160510_20_16_32_Pro.jpg
WP_20160510_20_17_03_Pro.jpg
WP_20160510_20_17_14_Pro.jpg

Does my head in when they do the boarding themselves and when you get to job ask if you want the off cuts! NO I DONT WANT THE f**k**g SHITTY LITTLE OFF CUTS!:mad:
One sugar please. :coffe:

That's water damage nothing else. Changes the board and oxidises the screws. Turns both darker. When is soaked for a wile the plasterboard just turns mushy as you have described.

That's water damage nothing else. Changes the board and oxidises the screws. Turns both darker. When is soaked for a wile the plasterboard just turns mushy as you have described.

Thanks for that mate just wanted a definite second opinion, the nails were rusty as hell also.

Just got a little paranoid after I rang my boss and he said its asbestos, that word cuts right through me. He said he was joking but as you can tell it was on my mind.

Don't know what's above the plasterboard but is a good idea to let it dry. The new one will suck everything in.

Theres the bottom of a lead valley above then roof joists.

I fibreglassed the valley around a few weeks ago and allowed everything to dry as the part of the ceiling I just removed was soaked.

I told the owner ill swing by in a few weeks to see what it dry's out like

It was bone dry when I took the board down earlier and the board was obviously distorted so i reboarded that patch then skimmed the lot over no problems apart from the fact I got a little worried about the board!

More like thirty years mate. I don't touch artex anymore. I don't scrape it or board over it. Steer clear. Really. I remember scraping it years ago and it was like fine cotton hanging in the air. I might have been carrying it all those years and I won't know for a while yet.

That's the cleanest radio I seen recently [emoji106]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Nice nails as well, maybe goes to salon for pedicure?
More like thirty years mate. I don't touch artex anymore. I don't scrape it or board over it. Steer clear. Really. I remember scraping it years ago and it was like fine cotton hanging in the air. I might have been carrying it all those years and I won't know for a while yet.
Unifinish straight over the top of it for me,no scraping or prep needed.

Be very careful with asbestos and any kind of dust. I had to have a spirometry test a few months ago now and some chest x rays after some breathing problems. Everything was okay actually they said I had the lungs of a twenty year old. Kirk Giordano gives some good tips here for anyone interested in their health