Greetings

Reezl

I served my time in Argyll Scotland, did a city and guilds, had a 60 yr old tradesman show me the ropes learning cornicework, cement work et al from 1977 to 1980. The old guy was amazing telling me all about lathing as a trade and using lime, sand and horsehair. Worked in London for a year or two and gave it up. Now back on the tools for the first time in years renovating a house and using multifinish for the first time... Put it this way.. i nearly put the boards on grey side out... nearly used jute scrim and tried to find bonding and board finish.. Luckily yon interweb saved me and i went for multifinish which was a breeze to use as was the sticky scrim.... Its weird that so many changes have been made with loads of different materials.. I have enjoyed doing it again although as a big ceiling was first it was a bit of a killer. Cheers. I am thinking of using tile sealer to darken and retain the plastered finish. Good idea or bad?

I served my time in Argyll Scotland, did a city and guilds, had a 60 yr old tradesman show me the ropes learning cornicework, cement work et al from 1977 to 1980. The old guy was amazing telling me all about lathing as a trade and using lime, sand and horsehair. Worked in London for a year or two and gave it up. Now back on the tools for the first time in years renovating a house and using multifinish for the first time... Put it this way.. i nearly put the boards on grey side out... nearly used jute scrim and tried to find bonding and board finish.. Luckily yon interweb saved me and i went for multifinish which was a breeze to use as was the sticky scrim.... Its weird that so many changes have been made with loads of different materials.. I have enjoyed doing it again although as a big ceiling was first it was a bit of a killer. Cheers. I am thinking of using tile sealer to darken and retain the plastered finish. Good idea or bad?
I find using human shiit is better.Ii think it is known as the Robert sands finish ..............just saying.