Green mould on fresh plaster

Smeeto

Hello all

Recently had damp proofing done throughout an old house. (1850s.) Taken back to bare wall, membrane placed and replastered. Now, about a month later I have green mould appearing in a few places.

I have contacted the company that undertook the work and am expecting a visit from them but would welcome any ideas on why this has occurred so I can be better informed when speaking to them?.

See pic.

Smeeto

Hello all

Recently had damp proofing done throughout an old house. (1850s.) Taken back to bare wall, membrane placed and replastered. Now, about a month later I have green mould appearing in a few places.

I have contacted the company that undertook the work and am expecting a visit from them but would welcome any ideas on why this has occurred so I can be better informed when speaking to them?.

See pic.

Smeeto
Can we have some pictures please and details of what was causing your damp problem. Go in to the damp section and read the posts about the myth of rising damp.

Can we have some pictures please and details of what was causing your damp problem. Go in to the damp section and read the posts about the myth of rising damp.
What's rising damp done to you , may have to report you for bullying lol

Hello all

See pic.

Smeeto
Just seen your other post with picture . Looks like a condensation issue {warm air onto cold wall} . You will need to create a thermal barrier on the walls . I take it from the age of your house it is of a solid wall construction with no cavity,. Any re'plastering carried out to your property should be done using a lime plaster so the walls can breath. This is just my opinion made from one photo and limited information . Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Hi Beader

Thanks for your reply. For some reason my post was duplicated, I blame my fat fingers ;)

Your reply is most helpful. Thank you.

Smeeto