green deal accreditation ??????

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

themucky1

hi lads
im after some info and want to pick the brains of the educated :RpS_biggrin:, basically im giving some consideration in becoming a green deal accredited installer to access funding for customers which hopefully in turn will hopefully generate a little more business. so the question is how do i become a green deal accredited installer? what certification do i need to become a green deal installer iso9001, pas 2030 constructionline chas ect? and two big questions how much will it cost? what is the likely hood of this actually generating more work for us?
thanks in advance lads and sorry if this has been asked before :RpS_blushing:

the mucky 1

Wouldny bother personally mate.. soo much paperwork and planning in advance for months in advance of each job. (Unless you can do vast amount?)
you will need to be pas2030, with chas or constructionline, get each job backed by insurances, method statement, risk ass etc.

Not an over night job to be honest.

If your a big firm with the inside knowledge and the money to go fairly big then yeah.

Small outfit wouldnt fancy it.

Theres talk greendeal may dye out soon.

Sorry to sound negative. But loads companies gone bust with this scheme, unless you found your clients already and they fit criteria and will sign up with you. Huge cost and gamble

@Dansouthcoast84 thanks maybe ill have a bit of a think about it before i decide.
has anyone on the forum gained accreditation?if so what are your thoughts on the whole thing and have you gained any further work since getting access the funding ect ??

Last edited by a moderator:
im lead to believe that there was some funding available in december which all got allocated, and the next batch of funding available will be released in february and quarterly from then on, i also hear, whether theres any truth in it im not sure but come the end of the year there will be no funding available for loft insulation or cavity wall insulation and the funding that was set aside for these measures will be pumped into the ewi/iwi market realising a few extra million a year. but as i said its only what ive heard and not what im claiming to be gospel!!!

im lead to believe that there was some funding available in december which all got allocated, and the next batch of funding available will be released in february and quarterly from then on, i also hear, whether theres any truth in it im not sure but come the end of the year there will be no funding available for loft insulation or cavity wall insulation and the funding that was set aside for these measures will be pumped into the ewi/iwi market realising a few extra million a year. but as i said its only what ive heard and not what im claiming to be gospel!!!

You are right.

The voucher scheme for solid wall where home owners can get upto 4k towards install or 67%.

I think its set to change though.

The 24 million that was released in dec was gone within 48hrs. So unless you get all your leads in and assesed before hand then once funding releases rush to claim their grants on the comp?

Wouldny bother personally mate.. soo much paperwork and planning in advance for months in advance of each job. (Unless you can do vast amount?)
you will need to be pas2030, with chas or constructionline, get each job backed by insurances, method statement, risk ass etc.

Not an over night job to be honest.

If your a big firm with the inside knowledge and the money to go fairly big then yeah.

Small outfit wouldnt fancy it.

Theres talk greendeal may dye out soon.

Sorry to sound negative. But loads companies gone bust with this scheme, unless you found your clients already and they fit criteria and will sign up with you. Huge cost and gamble

Yes, it's gamble on every level! By the time you start the job, the prices have moved up, or just the salesman is trying to make some more £££ . And If that's not enough just remember when you finish with the job you have to complete the paperwork and claim the money. It takes between 2-3 weeks!

And the money in some cases are not enough! Some contractors are asking extra 2k to cover the expenses from the customers, which not always works!

You and him are filling the paperwork and sending to the government, then the money arrived in his account and you get paid.

You wish:RpS_biggrin::rolleyes). The customer has to accept the quality of job and agree to pay you. At the end of the day is his money:RpS_cool:

Yes, it's gamble on every level! By the time you start the job, the prices have moved up, or just the salesman is trying to make some more £££ . And If that's not enough just remember when you finish with the job you have to complete the paperwork and claim the money. It takes between 2-3 weeks!

Im doing a couple installs at mo for a company. I have 2 forms for customer. And i have 5!!! Yes 5 forms to fill out myself and take pics of every stage etc.

Is that right, customer need to pay out first then claim from green deal ?

Once they get their voucher you have to claim it on the website. You carry out the works and bill them fir the extra. And the voucher money you have to wait for.

If they do gd finance its different story

It is a minefield , we have been topping up vouchers with GD plans but I would say that most that take up the voucher scheme will make up any difference personally , it's hard work and an hell of a lot of paperwork

It is a minefield , we have been topping up vouchers with GD plans but I would say that most that take up the voucher scheme will make up any difference personally , it's hard work and an hell of a lot of paperwork

You busy with gd mate.?
did you manage to get brighton houses done mate
??

There was soo much hype with green deal though it looked promising....
@Danny i know what you mean the green deal was gonna be the scheme to kick the industry up the arse, unfortunately there are measures in place which do stop or slow down the cowboys ie being pas 2030 and being system qualified installers but at the same time also restricted the smaller one man bands with all the paper work and red tape also the cost of getting the needed accreditations. maybe there could have been some sort of funding available to help the smaller firms or one man bands to gain accreditation without the up front cost and pay the accreditation bodies back when and if the work started coming in????
just a thought

@Danny i know what you mean the green deal was gonna be the scheme to kick the industry up the arse, unfortunately there are measures in place which do stop or slow down the cowboys ie being pas 2030 and being system qualified installers but at the same time also restricted the smaller one man bands with all the paper work and red tape also the cost of getting the needed accreditations. maybe there could have been some sort of funding available to help the smaller firms or one man bands to gain accreditation without the up front cost and pay the accreditation bodies back when and if the work started coming in????
just a thought

Hmmmm interesting thought

Last edited:
I looked into pas2030 a few months ago, thread is probably still knocking around.

wasn't worth the hassle for me, I work alone 80% of the time and use the same set of subbies on larger works and it was just going to be a lot of messing about and paperwork.

got accreditation from Weber, JUB and K-rend & NVQ with site experience using various systems, still too much hassle though.

this year hopefully I will get 1 or 2 EWI jobs and then try and gradually increase over the next few years, as I have done with mono work.

Been on a course today and got chatting to someone who had a big job lined up but was there to learn the EWI system ??.?.?.?.. Very strange how some people work and how the whole set up works.

i would never work on site on ppm2, too much hard work, too much risk, little money to line someone else's pocket.

It seems like there are company's starting up just for ewi contracts.guys sat in the office getting all the work then employing subbies to carry it out .

hi lads
im after some info and want to pick the brains of the educated :RpS_biggrin:, basically im giving some consideration in becoming a green deal accredited installer to access funding for customers which hopefully in turn will hopefully generate a little more business. so the question is how do i become a green deal accredited installer? what certification do i need to become a green deal installer iso9001, pas 2030 constructionline chas ect? and two big questions how much will it cost? what is the likely hood of this actually generating more work for us?
thanks in advance lads and sorry if this has been asked before :RpS_blushing:

the mucky 1

Cost you 1300-1500 with easy green deal
Then you pay for the cost of your job materials etc etc.

Have got 4 companys PAS2030 its a piece of piss

Cost you 1300-1500 with easy green deal
Then you pay for the cost of your job materials etc etc.

Have got 4 companys PAS2030 its a piece of piss

Hiya, in order for you to become a green deal installer you must abide by pas2030 and that means having an nvq and blue cscs card stating your a competent ewi installer.

You would then have to get your company accredited, i usually recommend the bba, after that you need to get in with one or more of the big six in order to access the funding..

Hiya, in order for you to become a green deal installer you must abide by pas2030 and that means having an nvq and blue cscs card stating your a competent ewi installer.

You would then have to get your company accredited, i usually recommend the bba, after that you need to get in with one or more of the big six in order to access the funding..
@Geason now that is dedication 23:40 and you are replying :)

Last edited:
There are plenty of firms who you could install on behalf of.

Had a few contact us about it. Easier
@Dansouthcoast84 do you mean work for a rendering firm as a subbie or something totally different?
im trying to get away from all the working for subbies as they usually have a labour merchant you have to work through and usually if theres a problem with payment it ends up going down the line till it gets to the guys on the tools( us!) hence my thinking behind getting gd accredited and possibly having access to the gd finance which would be offered to my customers which in turn would (hopefully) generate more work

@Dansouthcoast84 do you mean work for a rendering firm as a subbie or something totally different?
im trying to get away from all the working for subbies as they usually have a labour merchant you have to work through and usually if theres a problem with payment it ends up going down the line till it gets to the guys on the tools( us!) hence my thinking behind getting gd accredited and possibly having access to the gd finance which would be offered to my customers which in turn would (hopefully) generate more work

Meant like the renewable energy companies like warrior manages. Dyson Etc.
i do mine through my old company and a manufacturer

Status
Not open for further replies.