Grade2 listed

Status
Not open for further replies.

keithuk

Private Member
i think i,m right in saying i can use plasterboard on 2 listed ,any input would be helpful.Thanks

we used to no bother, unless stipulated otherwise.It just had to match what it was like before visually once painted.

Thanks JR , i,ve done a alot of listed over the years ,but a mate phone me up to fine out for sure ,so i thought i,d double check with you guys .

i think i,m right in saying i can use plasterboard on 2 listed ,any input would be helpful.Thanks

It depends. Any work that affects the historical or architectural character of a listed building needs listed building consent. This applies to the interior as well as the exterior. The listing has the potential to cover every aspect of the building

There is a pub in Cambridge as I recall which has a ceiling mentioned in the listing because of the Second World War graffiti written on it.

My experience is that by asking the conservation section of the planning department for their opinion before I started that they became confident of my business and quietly ( and unofficially) recommended me to people.

If there was plasterboard there before then it can be said to be a like-for-like repair if not, lath and plaster for example you need to be careful. Often the interior is so affected by alterations that all the architectural or historic character has been lost anyway.

If the interior is a heap of crap take photographs to protect yourself if it isn't tell the client that the best advice is to take the opinion of the conservation officer.

Regards Steve

Thanks Steve ,i do think you are a great help to this site ....but there is no such thing as rising damp ,thanks again Steve for your help

Part of the job i did in Southamton was in the old Crown Court and all the graffiti carved in doors etc had to be kept bar the explicits.

Thanks Steve ,i do think you are a great help to this site ....but there is no such thing as rising damp ,thanks again Steve for your help

Yeah I coming around to a believe that there is no such thing as rising damp but if I were to say so irish-spread and flynnyman would argue that there was.

Status
Not open for further replies.