Gp mortar/ ice on cement board

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigK

Private Member
Hi folks never rendered this cement board.

I have about 4metres to do on a bulk head for a friend, and I have 4 bags gp mortar kindly given to me from k rend so it would be an ideal spot just to give it a whirl.

Question is, what prep is required if any and would I get away with a one coater?
He's a friend but it'll take me feckin longer to drive there than to do job!!

Doesn't matter, just done some googling & looks like it's hpx or hp12 [emoji107]

As bigK says HPX or HP12! GP mortar mix is a basic cement based backing coat wouldn't last a week on cement board

As bigK says HPX or HP12! GP mortar mix is a basic cement based backing coat wouldn't last a week on cement board

What's my quickest way out of it then lads?
So long as it stays there and has a uniform flat finish nobody will care less!

Gp mortar is good for scratch coat or dubbing on masonry, you can top it as well if 2 coat work that's about it. Much cheaper to buy sand and cement and mix it.

You want hpx over boards or Weber LAC or similar

I prefer hp12 only because it's better for blocking out beads etc and a bit easier to use! Cut strips of nylon mesh to cover your board joints and your good to go

I don't think krend spec hp12 to board its mostly for masonry. Cem board better with a dedicated adhesive. Yep detail mesh over the joints and then full mesh over the panel with thin layers of render.

Weber LAC will stick as good as hpx and finish as nice as hp12 and fill beads.

No brainer really.

Are we still talking two visits?
Never used any of the above apart from hp12 and that was just as a backing coat.
Could I not lash on that weber lac with mesh etc and give it another tight top coat in same visit?
Do I just rub it up?

Hpx mesh the lot then smoothcoat straight on.
If its a warm day u should be able to coat n rub up same day

Are we still talking two visits?
Never used any of the above apart from hp12 and that was just as a backing coat.
Could I not lash on that weber lac with mesh etc and give it another tight top coat in same visit?
Do I just rub it up?

Yrs Weber LAC donenin a single process finish of the spatch or you can run it up after it has gone a touch. Carefully not to bring the mesh off ribbing up tho asbit should be 1 to 2 mm under the surface inna 6mm system

Only want 2 bags of hp12, nobody stocks it, and k-rend will only make it to order & will be over a week! Ffs!

Ireland. Wasn't a bag anywhere.
Got in touch with the weber rep via gyproc rep and was advised of one place in Dublin that would have weber LAC. So going with that!
Weber version of same gear I presume??

Ireland. Wasn't a bag anywhere.
Got in touch with the weber rep via gyproc rep and was advised of one place in Dublin that would have weber LAC. So going with that!
Weber version of same gear I presume??

LAC is the proper gear for the job, better than hp12, I wouldn't use hp12 on boards myself. LAC is the right spec.
As said before no brainer

Status
Not open for further replies.