Government slowly getting rid of all energy saving initiatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpankySouthport

Private Member
Linked in is yet again lighting up with disgruntled energy sector workers, the latest cut is Solar PV..

Personally I seen this coming somehow even though the government has got to cut the Co2 emissions by 80% by 2050..

Again personally I wanted nothing to do with anything that is subsidised by the government as inevitably its the grunt as the bottom that will suffer from the race to the bottom!

What's your thoughts?

Is it to show how much they have cut the deficit before the next election as this time they were way off the mark?

Have they come up with a new and completely different initiative that will piss on all other energy saving initiatives?

Its a minefield.

Been involved in the ewi during eco.
So many creditations people have had to fork out and gain and for what.

1yr of quick turn around. Shoddy work, low rate cowboys to try earn a quick buck.

Some firms have survived the storm. Ripped off numerous people and closed down.

Some have closed by force due to inconsistant crap and these are generally people done everything but the book.

A mate of.mine has own renewable.company and constantlystruggling to stay a float with the quick changes and cut rates.

Glad i didnt go for all the pas etc or i dont think id still be trading

Yeah I looked into PAS after we got accredited by Alumasc, just wasn't interested in jumping through the ever increasing hoops they put out.

Accreditation's just like the general plastering world mean fck all! Doesn't mean you are going to get quality install/job.

Its the same with anything subsidised by the government. its open to exploitation and somebody always makes s**t loads of cash while the guys fitting/installing always get shafted.
Good to here your making something out of it @Dansouthcoast84

Is buying an energy saving light bulb or having to pay 5p for a carrier bag effecting the reduction in our carbon footprint..................:frenetico:

Its the same with anything subsidised by the government. its open to exploitation and somebody always makes s**t loads of cash while the guys fitting/installing always get shafted.
Good to here your making something out of it @Dansouthcoast84

Is buying an energy saving light bulb or having to pay 5p for a carrier bag effecting the reduction in our carbon footprint..................:frenetico:

You are making a huge difference arti.

I hope your growing your own potatoes aswell.

And if you havent any manure to use. Use your own shi t. Then your saving thousands of trees in toilet paper and millions of litres of toilet water

I read an article a while back about geo thermal energy. The heat from the earth's core cab be channeled and we can access the energy at ground level. There is enough energy to power the world for thousands of years. There are lots of stories knocking around about how the big wigs don't want this to happen. If we all got free energy how would the energy companies line their pockets

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.