Got these swirls artex ceilings

harryj490

Glued up and not pulling in much .. what do you think best to do I know over boarding but customer not willing to pay .. so do I risk it or give it a miss .. the ceilings are very very shiny without being pva up .. scraped back still not pulling in .

Tell em your overboarding it or walking away. I've skimmed plenty of them and they take forever to trowel up and every time I regret it. Takes 3 hours to go off added to your prep time , you could've boarded it by then. All to save the customer a few quid on boards.

Plasterer's Stabilising Primer
Ideal for painted surfaces messy to apply on ceiling so agree with Dan and Derby

Why not just blue grit? That's what I would do but leave overnight to dry before you skim. When the polymer has hardened you will be good to go.. Will hang wet though but so what. Bang on and put your feet up and wait until it sets.. I've done loads with no problems

Iv seen artex come down with grit over it, over/under board is the way to go or your gambling

Artex was used to cover up poor surfaces which may of lost its key. The early emulsions in the 60s and 70s like wallpermer (not sure of spelling) which degrade over time has caused many a spread problems.. Has me.. Over/underboard is the sure fix but some customers won't pay for this so worth assessing and understanding about what's under artex or emulsion. Glad I see less of white wash these days. What some tac that is