Got skim set up...yeeesss

Members online

Can’t wait for feedback on this one , good or bad best of luck mate, guy I know up north is spraying with his eze 24 quite happily , mix and pour , what will be the job you try it on ? New build plasterboard?

Can’t wait for feedback on this one , good or bad best of luck mate, guy I know up north is spraying with his eze 24 quite happily , mix and pour , what will be the job you try it on ? New build plasterboard?
Yep newbuild plasterboard.
If I like it I'm gonna use it on alsorts because this stuff can be used on refurbs now!

I’ve been told the worst thing about spraying thistle is the overspray. I haven’t used mine yet,but I’m going to practice at home .
I think some experimentation with the nozzle is in order.

It has been out a while and I have not heard of anybody that does it full time....
Yeah me neither...bit worrying.
I've got my fingers crossed I've got a nice wee extension I can try it out on.
Hopefully the end of the week...

Ok spraying tomorrow afternoon all being well....
Any tips or tricks?
@Rossi46
@Vincey
Or anyone else thats tried?
I hear cross hatching is out of fashion....not sure which way to go.
Pressure of machine...speed etc...

Any tips or tricks?
@Rossi46
@Vincey
Good luck mate I’d go for 2 bags maybe 3 I would still cross hatch stuff the others lol have a floor scraper handy and a spat when it’s on spat excess off ceiling and scrape floor speedskim or spat once on then leave for 40 minutes ish spat again and don’t worry how it looks 90 minutes in get your trowel on and pass plus tidy edges then right at end water and cross it

Any tips or tricks?
@Rossi46
@Vincey
We did a couple of skim spray jobs last year what we found was keep the air as low as possible get over it as quick as you can twitch the angles and then just skim as usual

Ok....where do I start?
Set up the machine and there was no washer in a coupling joint from P1SS so had to go to DIY shop to waste time.

Told the lad to mix a bag up and see how we go. Started spraying...up a shite tower scaffold and it went all over the place. Covered the floor windows etc.
Too fast.
So climbed down and changed the settings...climbed back up....too slow.

While this was happening I didn't realise that this EZE gun doesnt shut the material off only the air, so gear was pissing out all over the scaffold boards.

Nozzle clogged up then. f**k!!

Got half of it on and for some reason the mix just flash set in the mixer.
Cleaned out the machine, sweating and cursing with shite all over me.

New mix.
Sprayed like mono. Nozzle spray pattern horrible. f**k!

Went back to flatten and the flash set stuff was like rock. The new stuff held for ages.

Very nearly walked and left the machine to rot.

The EZE is a simple machine so should get instructions like ' set machine speed to 5' or the like. But no...

Then I realised there was no cleaning ball provided in the skim kit.

AAAARRGGHH

Back to try and sort out the dog turd ceiling.
Even had to use the sponge.

Anyway here it is.
I'll probably try again, but tomorrow its getting handballed on.
20180503_153829.jpg

Bloody shame that mate. Keep at it. It’ll get easier the more you do it. Maybe sponging is the only way when it’s sprayed on

Sorry about the washer mate, I’m unsure why it didn’t have one in as all the others in stock do, obviously getting the right part to you and the balls ASAP

With regards to it going everywhere, what Air compressor are you using?

Drop me a message with your number and I’ll eat Dave to give you a Bell tomorrow as I’m in meetings

It shouldn’t be spraying like Mono, speed 5 is the normal speed on the EZE for skim. You’ll also have an off load valve on the gun to regulate the spray.

The air will switch the machine off, but a bit of material will come out cause of pressure in the pipe, we don’t fit material shut offs on Plastering guns as it will be a nightmare!
Mix fresh batches to put into the machine, don’t let them sit as they’ll be goon off as well mate

Send me the number and I’ll get someone to call mate and apologies about the seal and ball

Ok....where do I start?
Set up the machine and there was no washer in a coupling joint from P1SS so had to go to DIY shop to waste time.

Told the lad to mix a bag up and see how we go. Started spraying...up a shite tower scaffold and it went all over the place. Covered the floor windows etc.
Too fast.
So climbed down and changed the settings...climbed back up....too slow.

While this was happening I didn't realise that this EZE gun doesnt shut the material off only the air, so gear was pissing out all over the scaffold boards.

Nozzle clogged up then. f**k!!

Got half of it on and for some reason the mix just flash set in the mixer.
Cleaned out the machine, sweating and cursing with shite all over me.

New mix.
Sprayed like mono. Nozzle spray pattern horrible. f**k!

Went back to flatten and the flash set stuff was like rock. The new stuff held for ages.

Very nearly walked and left the machine to rot.

The EZE is a simple machine so should get instructions like ' set machine speed to 5' or the like. But no...

Then I realised there was no cleaning ball provided in the skim kit.

AAAARRGGHH

Back to try and sort out the dog turd ceiling.
Even had to use the sponge.

Anyway here it is.
I'll probably try again, but tomorrow its getting handballed on.
View attachment 23273
Sorry to hear you had a nightmare

Ceevee mate I didn’t realise it was ceiling u doing , man what a downer I’m so mad Ffs

Spraying finish is definitely the way forward. Don’t give up,we’re all learning from your experience ,no matter how painful it is!!!
I think we’ve just got to refine the nozzle/gun.
Can you post up a picture of the gun you’ve got?

Spraying finish is definitely the way forward. Don’t give up,we’re all learning from your experience ,no matter how painful it is!!!
I think we’ve just got to refine the nozzle/gun.
Can you post up a picture of the gun you’ve got?
I might be able to get my head around the spraying, if I can tweak the machine settings and practice...but I cant finish with this stuff properly.
I'm getting striping with a clean trowel with a wet blade...
20180504_125931.jpg

Very strange stuff eerily like knauf MP finish was.

Anyhoo heres the gun...
20180504_123406.jpg