Goody

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I was askin him about it n he said somethin like, to get it dead flat like he sprayed it and then give it a once over with the plaz. I think

im thinking about one of these wonder machines .... if it'll spray bucket coat and mineral with having to rub up .... be a right result

i was wondering how much scraping back off Darren had to do. The first time i sprayed the topcoat it took a bit of scraping back off. I was wondering if u adjust it down a notch you can finish it with no scraping.
This was possible with Noblo because you don't seem to scrape hardly any

Doesnt it completely defeat the object getting it on with a machine and floating it what do you do about day joints?

asuming you mean one laying on and one finishing. What the bloke gonna do who usually lays on. You don't need him

you can mix convey and spray 20 m2 of noblo in under 5 minutes spink. Its like having it mixed and layed on for free..

Happy days but the lad behind him then has to float 20m in 5 mins or he's f**k*d, do you know what I mean I want it too work trust me but if you're finishing it you can only go as fast as the bloke with the float and if you're on different scaff levels in the middle of summer .........

P.s I hold my hands up I'm no expert I've done one or 2 jobs with this shite and I got day joints on a 15 m gable when it was cold 3 weeks ago

yep we sprayed half the front of the old post office in the morn and a third of the side in the afternoon. Four of us. The machine gets the whole 12m lift on in about 2 mins with someone jumping on the swiss trowel as soon as im out the way on the gun. We found that by spraying as you would if you were leaving it untrowelled it's just a little more than you need and scrapes nicely.....much easier than not spraying enough and having to put more on. One guy on reveals(loads of large full height windows)and looking after 6" or so around them. Two on plastic trowels finishing and then the gun man too. It's frantic but super productive. No tubs out on the scaffold at all. The xl setup with 15m hose plugged into site mains just inside a central window with a couple of 29kg parex dpr's in her gets a lift on unmanned. All on auto off the air switch on the swing gun. Marvelous

oh and if you run a 300 drop cloth round and into the hopper you can leave the gear in there overnight with no staining, we just put a board offcut over it as a lid and put the end of the hose into a bucket of water. I take the gun home every night for a good clean but that's it. All there ready to go first thing next day. lush

aye had a second hand one off the lesley ages ago.....the time spent cleaning the damned thing though is time you'll never get back init ha.

must say though what a revelation spraying the top coat on......we did 150m on fri with only a top opener window to crawl out onto the scaffold with 4 lifts and big ol stretches. Wouldn wanna think of the joint lines we'd have had in it if it weren't sprayed. I view thin coat like mono now as best used with machinery when there's any decent area to cover and you don't fancy a gazilion plasterers feeding off ya

we did 200M2 on friday with four men. not sure how this would stack up against the machine in man numbers

P.S. we couldv done more but the house wasnt big enough

Plaster if you did 200m2 then you could have done 400 with the machine mate. There was four of us with myself, two plasterers who have done it before but still need looking after with it and a 17 yr old kid helping out on the float and putting a couple of tubs in the machine every lift. As with all machining it's only as fast as the people looking after it so if ur quick you'd be quicker with a machine. It doesn't make up for slow or lazy plasterers quite the contrary really with hangers on quickly exposed.

we had a good set up on big areas with a good scaff - yeah you read right 'a good scaff' (f##k me). Life aint always like that but we always try to just get it on rapid, the window for a perfect finish is a small window especially on silicone based texture, it skins up fast as you know.

So are you knockin out the same final finish as if trowelled on goody laa but with your machine?

It sounds like he is spraying just enough on to finish it straight away with a plastic trowel. Quality wont be compromised

yeah boyos just enough to cover it....although it still needs a spread about with the swiss trowel to take a little excess off. Im telling you though once you try it you'll wonder why you've been laying on by hand at all. With the machine spraying a lift on in about 2 mins the window you mention is a lot bigger and manageable with people jumping straight on the finishing once your out the way with the gun. Because it only takes a couple of mins to apply a lifts worth the gun man then falls back on the swiss trowel for the second half of the lift whilst other two carry on with the plastic trowels. Once swissed to the end your dropping down and picking up a band under the boards with the gun and swiss until one of the top guys comes down to start finishing. sounds complicated but all the machine is doing is saving a lot of time applying the gear while the clocks ticking. Wish id done it ages ago but was consumed with leaving the finish as is which my comp aint big enough for......only later occurred to use it in a mono sense to cut out the donkey work

I can't produce a shabby base.......does my head in ends up costing too. Spunk am only on about spraying on instead of scooping out of buckets. You need the big lk04 comp for texture alone which is another story my friend. Done it once and was blissful but is a matter of taste, I'm gonna use the machine in all situations in future whether hand finished or left as sprayed but both will be machine applied

Bear with me mate So with the Lk04 kompressor top coat can be sprayed and no need for a float

yes spunketh that's right......takes a bit of faith to part with the big notes for it but once you try it it's a whole new world of exploration butt

Cool how much does it cost mate? Will it fit a g5 were going to have a go at spraying top coat through one

spunk the you need a machine with the capacity to just pump and not mix and pump like the g4/5 etc. Both ritmos are dual purpose in that they can be used as just a pump so you flick the water pump off and pour in bucket renders, or flick the water pump switch back on and it will mix dry powder and pump. Machines that can pump only have speed controls which are important in getting a nice pattern.....the g4/5s are fixed one speed 3 phase and only adjustable by different rotors and stators. As an example mate my xl is used in single phase mode(half speed compared to 3 phase) it also needs a d43 r&s which is 6l/min ish. Basically it's the slowest speed it can turn at with the speed control turned to 1 so say 3l/min and it's still quite fast. So a full speed g4 even with a d43 on it is still going to be way too fast for texturing even if it would just pump

Sorry s**t reply it's bagged and we need a slow rotor stator and an 8 mm spray cap and the old g5 will **** it on can you fix a compressor to it though so it doesn't need floating?

Status
Not open for further replies.