Goodnight god bless.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordon

Hi Guys,

After careful consideration I have decided the time has come to hang up the trowel and seek pastures new.I have been plastering for five years now and have have had a hell of a time loving what I do and have a good customer base but since the new year have only worked for for 3 weeks and nothing on the horizon.I have tried the old Sign written van,tshirts printed with logo on,leaflet dropping,£120.00 business cards(Top notch if I say so myself),but no luck lateley,got to work to pay the bills.Even use Rated People who have been quiet(Earnt a shed load from them,even though some people dislike this avenue for gaining work!).

A big thankyou to everyone for advise & guidance as has been helpful and the banter is good,don't want to jack but got to get the pennies rolling in somehow.Got a driving delivery job Monday-Friday,so going to do plastering at the wekends for extra pennies.

Cheers

Paul.

Best of luck to you , the pen pushers that run this country don't see this side of life that affects descent hard working people like yourself ,just because of there mistakes, but hope you stick with it and i hope we all have better times a head.

shame that mate you have put the hard work in . just a suggestion tho approach another plasterer a mate maybe to do the work for you in the week if you get any jobs that wont wait till the weekend .in return they give you a cut for goodwill . if people ask why you ain't doing the work all you got to do is be upfront most will appreciate six months or so things could be lots better hopefully :)

That's a good idea Richie,Ive got a mate who gives me a hand on bigger jobs and he may be grateful of the work,that way it keeps my name out there as I know his work practice and standard of finish are second to none.

it s worth a try mate you can still do the pricing up at night say and you wont be tempted to do work cheaper because you will be earning anyway .looked at a job today first bloke went in too cheap second had to match him luckily i got the job but its not for the money i want but needs must too many hundred quid a day merchant s are just forcing the prices down

You heartlass b a st ar d nelly,how selfish is that....... can i have your van ? i say....

i could do with a new mixer though ?????? mmmm !!!!

no sorry to hear that mate,its not good times at the minute work is really slow down here also.
Good luck in the future,but keep your tools ul regret it if you get rid esp the trowels.

Sorry to read about anyone packing it in due to shortage of work,but things should pick up in about 2020 :-\ Any tradesmen i talk to on a daily basis have been saying they have never seen things so quiet,even worse than the last 2 years :eek: were all foooked

Thats a shame fordon im in bristol and i know its very competitive here, a few years ago there were a 2-3 pages in the yellowpages you look now there is 5-6 pages full of plastering companys i have no idea where they all came from ??? I wish sometimes i could just hang up the trowel but this is all i ever done since i was 14 so 20 years in now luckily i have always managed to be in work and when i havent i have just been patient as my old man always told me "a weeks a long time in the building game" and when times got desperate something always came in. Have you tried any of the big companies in bristol for a start?

Bod said:
Thats a shame fordon im in bristol and i know its very competitive here, a few years ago there were a 2-3 pages in the yellowpages you look now there is 5-6 pages full of plastering companys i have no idea where they all came from ??? I wish sometimes i could just hang up the trowel but this is all i ever done since i was 14 so 20 years in now luckily i have always managed to be in work and when i havent i have just been patient as my old man always told me "a weeks a long time in the building game" and when times got desperate something always came in. Have you tried any of the big companies in bristol for a start?

Do you know of any that have any work mate?

Iv'e only got a couple of days here and there at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.