GOODBYE

It's good to dine at the top table:)....

Only three qualifiers to get there:rayos:....
Champions league.. My arse...!

FB_IMG_1503697947578.jpg

:)

How would Celtic do in the premiership I wonder....

currently, fighting relegation. with the additional finances it would bring after a year or two, they would be an everton type club there or there abouts the top 6 every year

Would just struggle to attract the top players, as it's hard to get them to Manchester these days never mind up to Glasgow, but they would be up around it. Once got hang of it and strengthen squad enough they'd be up fighting for euro spots. Should have formidable home form and away they would pick up points here and there. Current squad, would struggle but if they were in the prem they'd have about 150m bigger budget so no doubt would strengthen.

Mark my words, Celtic Fc will finish second or third in this group! I want us to finish 3rd and go on a good run to the final of the uefa cup.

I hope you're right I'm hoping we pip anderlecht. Can't see us fi is him ahead of Munich or psg. Cavani Mbappe and neymar against bozo and boyata? Scary. Lol I hope we do it, but it's a hard group again. Need to take points of anderlecht and I think we should he able to. It's about high time we won a group match away from home too lol

I hope you're right I'm hoping we pip anderlecht. Can't see us fi is him ahead of Munich or psg. Cavani Mbappe and neymar against bozo and boyata? Scary. Lol I hope we do it, but it's a hard group again. Need to take points of anderlecht and I think we should he able to. It's about high time we won a group match away from home too lol

Everyone forgets these teams all have to play each other aswell. Few results can go our way and also, were due abit of luck in europe. Luck always seems to go against us for some reason but with that, few wins/draws for us and let the other teams take points of each other and we'll finish second or third. mark my words.

Everyone forgets these teams all have to play each other aswell. Few results can go our way and also, were due abit of luck in europe. Luck always seems to go against us for some reason but with that, few wins/draws for us and let the other teams take points of each other and we'll finish second or third. mark my words.
I know that but both Munich and psg should take 6 off anderlecht you'd imagine. Realistically they will looking for 4 at least of us. Hopefully that doesn't happen, but I will be realistic, I don't see us winning in France or Germany,we will most likely have 0 points in those two away games. We need to hope we can get something against them at celtic park, which, we have proved in the past is possible, although the money the big leagues have now compared to ten years ago when we were beating these teams has skyrocketed and our budget is the same or smaller,making it harder and harder to compete. I'd hope we can at least get 2 draws at home but won't be easy. So boils down to winning home and away to anderlecht.cant see psg and Munich getting less than 9points each, and a maximum of 8 for us. But I hope I am wrong. Lol we are def due luck in Europe but as we have seen before, if there is a dodgey pen to be given it will be against us. Gillardino dove v Milan, amuruso jive dive, giggs dive man united, bobo penalised for handball when he didn't handle it. Lol list goes on

I know that but both Munich and psg should take 6 off anderlecht you'd imagine. Realistically they will looking for 4 at least of us. Hopefully that doesn't happen, but I will be realistic, I don't see us winning in France or Germany,we will most likely have 0 points in those two away games. We need to hope we can get something against them at celtic park, which, we have proved in the past is possible, although the money the big leagues have now compared to ten years ago when we were beating these teams has skyrocketed and our budget is the same or smaller,making it harder and harder to compete. I'd hope we can at least get 2 draws at home but won't be easy. So boils down to winning home and away to anderlecht.cant see psg and Munich getting less than 9points each, and a maximum of 8 for us. But I hope I am wrong. Lol we are def due luck in Europe but as we have seen before, if there is a dodgey pen to be given it will be against us. Gillardino dove v Milan, amuruso jive dive, giggs dive man united, bobo penalised for handball when he didn't handle it. Lol list goes on

On paper yes but we'll get points away in germany and in paris! As for the luck, i could right abook about our hard luck in europe. Celtic fc, f we didnt have bad luck in europe, we'd have no luck at all!!

Would just struggle to attract the top players, as it's hard to get them to Manchester these days never mind up to Glasgow, but they would be up around it. Once got hang of it and strengthen squad enough they'd be up fighting for euro spots. Should have formidable home form and away they would pick up points here and there. Current squad, would struggle but if they were in the prem they'd have about 150m bigger budget so no doubt would strengthen.
It's difficult to say how they'd fair, money in the league apples to all now that's why even the West Brom's and watfords are spending mega bucks. I don't agree they'd be fighting for Euro spots, they could be don't get me wrong but just because there a well supported club doesn't mean they'd be in the top 6, on that basis Newcastle would be up there ever season.

It's difficult to say how they'd fair, money in the league apples to all now that's why even the West Brom's and watfords are spending mega bucks. I don't agree they'd be fighting for Euro spots, they could be don't get me wrong but just because there a well supported club doesn't mean they'd be in the top 6, on that basis Newcastle would be up there ever season.
It's the fact they are respected in Europe, many of the top players to have been there rate celtic Park as one of the best arenas to play in, so on that basis assuming that if they could offer wages on a par with top sides and Premier league football they would be able to attract a better calibre of player. Of course it's all hypothetical, but Newcastle is an interesting point all the same, must be more down to the way club is run, or maybe can't get players to go to north east?

It's the fact they are respected in Europe, many of the top players to have been there rate celtic Park as one of the best arenas to play in, so on that basis assuming that if they could offer wages on a par with top sides and Premier league football they would be able to attract a better calibre of player. Of course it's all hypothetical, but Newcastle is an interesting point all the same, must be more down to the way club is run, or maybe can't get players to go to north east?

Newcastles problem is they are only big in Newcastle, no appeal elsewhere whatsoever.

If you took religion out of Scottish football the likes of Aberdeen and hearts would be on a par with Celtic.

Newcastles problem is they are only big in Newcastle, no appeal elsewhere whatsoever.

If you took religion out of Scottish football the likes of Aberdeen and hearts would be on a par with Celtic.
You've posted some shi te on here in your time but that last post has to be one of your worst lol

You've posted some shi te on here in your time but that last post has to be one of your worst lol

so there isn't religion involved with scottish football then ?

its not the case if you're catholic you support celtic and protestant rangers ?

if you took religion out people could/would support other teams as I'm sure you are aware

if you took religion out people could/would support other teams as I'm sure you are aware
It's not entirely like that Gordon, but there is a degree of it for sure. Same can be said for hearts and hibs etc. However, I supported celtic before I knew the difference between Catholic and protestant, and it weren't inherited, as da doesn't follow football at all. I enjoyed watchin Di canio, MC stay, van hooijdonk etc. And not like was glory hunting, for rangers won league every year at that feckin stage lol. I lived in West Scotland for a few years and encountered more anti Catholic sectarianism in those couple years than here my whole life ffs. Lol

Celtic are a worldwide brand and I'm sure that has nothing to do with religion, granted in Scotland it is a big deal. Hearts and Aberdeen aren't as well known over the world as Celtic is, the way all ex players talk about the atmosphere at Celtic park and being the first British team to lift the eupoean cup obviously helps. To put celtics massive support down to religion really is a stupid comment, even for you

Celtic are a worldwide brand and I'm sure that has nothing to do with religion, granted in Scotland it is a big deal. Hearts and Aberdeen aren't as well known over the world as Celtic is, the way all ex players talk about the atmosphere at Celtic park and being the first British team to lift the eupoean cup obviously helps. To put celtics massive support down to religion really is a stupid comment, even for you

I'm not sure it's so stupid, my mums side is Protestant dads side catholic ( although not seen him since I was a wee boy).

Another stupid comment for you to cheer up your Sunday, isn't celtics worldwide appeal mainly down to all the fake paddys around the world who support Celtic and incedently happen to also be catholic, just saying

I'm not sure it's so stupid, my mums side is Protestant dads side catholic ( although not seen him since I was a wee boy).

Another stupid comment for you to cheer up your Sunday, isn't celtics worldwide appeal mainly down to all the fake paddys around the world who support Celtic and incedently happen to also be catholic, just saying
Dont know Bout that, when we were in Holland for that rave there was an Italian lad tearing about in a celtic top. He said in his broken English how much he liked them. Suppose no different to ones here liking Milans or juve etc. Was unexpected though

Dont know Bout that, when we were in Holland for that rave there was an Italian lad tearing about in a celtic top. He said in his broken English how much he liked them. Suppose no different to ones here liking Milans or juve etc. Was unexpected though

He was probably related to the pope :lol:

The religion thing I think is calming right down, most of the younger generation coming through don't support a team based on religion although there will always be the ones that do. The group I go to the games with are all Protestant, I went to a proddy school but was never into religion as I too had parents of different religions. Schools nowadays are generally more mixed which helps. Unfortunately the other side of Glasgow still sing about being up to there knees in fenian blood even though there manager and half the team are Catholics lol

The religion thing I think is calming right down, most of the younger generation coming through don't support a team based on religion although there will always be the ones that do. The group I go to the games with are all Protestant, I went to a proddy school but was never into religion as I too had parents of different religions. Schools nowadays are generally more mixed which helps. Unfortunately the other side of Glasgow still sing about being up to there knees in fenian blood even though there manager and half the team are Catholics lol

I briefly went to a school in Coatbridge when I was 15, it was a catholic school and virtually every night there was fights on the way home with the Protestant school it was mental.

Comparing Newcastle to Glasgow Celtic! Now that was funny lol. Whoever posted that, best laugh ive had in awhile lol

Comparing Newcastle to Glasgow Celtic! Now that was funny lol. Whoever posted that, best laugh ive had in awhile lol
My comparisment, was only as there both well supported clubs within there own areas ... what's funny about that,