good plasterer

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would have been faster with a speedskim lol :RpS_thumbsup:
thought about trying one never seen one used do you use it to flatten in first coat can you get enough pressure on second never knock anything till iv tried it plastering has taught me suppose should stop being tight and just get one cheers

Left hander, yes lots of people can skim ceilings like that Champ. Fair play though Sean it was a good vid and welcome to the forum.

yes left handed the only reason im a plasterer is because my boss told me that left handed people cant plaster and im stubborn, was told i will croak early being left handed and plastering .

:RpS_laugh: We're all gonna croak early bein spreads!!

Yeah welcome to the forum mate.
My earlier comment was tongue in cheek, but I do swear by my s/skim.

Looks like 2 coats. Flatten the first, 2 wets and a dry.

Fair play, thats a big ceiling to do on your own. :RpS_thumbup:

Nice one Sean.

Tell you what though, don't you just hate it when the sparks cut out the holes for the downlighters, that little exposed edge on the cutout that decides too present you with a nice hard bit of plaster as your troweling up resulting a a lovely gouge in your work.
I tell them to make a diagram now if possible.

Good vid too

Rock on !

7.5 bags - 70m2 - 4 hours = 1 coat
2 coats each bag covers 10m2 first and 2nd so 2/3 of bag covers 10m2 at 2mm leaving 1/3 of a bag top coat at 1mm that's the law.
no point cutting corners doesn't work and the people i work for would spot it a mile off.That was a kitchen ceiling gives you a idea of the kind of job it is poshhhhhhh.

Nice one Sean.

Tell you what though, don't you just hate it when the sparks cut out the holes for the downlighters, that little exposed edge on the cutout that decides too present you with a nice hard bit of plaster as your troweling up resulting a a lovely gouge in your work.
I tell them to make a diagram now if possible.clean them each trowel
Good vid too

Rock on !
sparks kept f...ing up plans so now holes have to be cut first not bad though if you just swipe over them quick move on then clean them out before each trowel they come up lovely

get a sharp knife and chamfer the edge then go round and shite on the sparkys doorstep

I find that if you screw a lat across the hole, back edge, and fill the hole with a circular piece of plasterboard, then scrim it and skim over it...it focks the sparky right up :RpS_thumbup:

biggest ceiling i done was that ceilings dad it was a function room in a yacht club it took 19 bags off skim and i dont mean the G** 25 kg bag the have now there were two off us and a slave mixing and there were no drills back then and yes it dident get many trowels mabey two at the most

Biggest ceiling av done is 50m2 so well done sean canny set on ya todd...........sparkys are such bellends

Status
Not open for further replies.