good plasterer

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesnt take long you chuck a strip up the middle and jump on in from the edges......Just the way i was taught and how av always done it.........but am always up for new ways of doing things marra......:RpS_thumbup:
I was taught to get it on,get it flat,get it smooth,get it tidy, get the tools in the van, get your cash, and get to feck!! Lol

it took 27 boards to tak hardly any waste its 13m by 4.5/5.8 really hard to size from vid ,dont be bitter guys lets see what youve got money where mouth is and all that.as for i could have used better method it came out perfect. dont talk about it show me.

you are just one step down from holiness my lord

Thought this section was for public to post jobs for spreads? I don't get it. I took a really big dump the other day, should have filmed it an posted here.

I was taught to get it on,get it flat,get it smooth,get it tidy, get the tools in the van, get your cash, and get to feck!! Lol

Holy shitball you just said ccccccash......:RpS_scared:.where the fcuk is that bat phone!!!!! am tellin nailswater...........:RpS_crying:

Yeah, and natural light is the best thing for showing them up, which is why I try to place lights in the windows to replicate that light on darker days. I usually move a light around all the light positions at some time during the trowelling up as well :RpS_thumbup:

what if the ceiling is full of downlighters.........:huh:

27 boards @8x4 around 80m2
@6x3 around 46m2
good ceilin mate not sure it is 70m2 though pal i agree with the others and ill go with 46ish, this doesnt change the fact it was good though.
biggest i did was 75m2 kitchen and after i collapsed into a pile of tears and sweat in the corner haha, i think i used the same system as you did pal as there was a small narrow point in the middle of the room so i went round the outside filled in middle then the other half and the middle and so forth

well to be controversial, not that I consider myself to be,

I will work all the edges left to right then fill the center, always have always will.
If its a massive ceiling then the same but will gauge everything to a rolling set of 2 or 3.
If your talking ripples/ lighting to hide stuff then your doing it wrong.

Rock on !

I prefer to think that the way I use light in a room - i.e. natural light if possible, or artificially to replicate the end-users lighting system - will HIGHLIGHT any POTENTIAL issues, not to hide them :RpS_thumbup:

I don't think there's 70 squares on that lid. Make life easier for yourself and get a super flex spat on a pole. Better still, pump it on and you could wrap the long wall up in the same set.

http://sandonplastering.co.uk/Light...llsize/internal-plastering-34-w700x500_fs.jpg
http://sandonplastering.co.uk/Light...llsize/internal-plastering-35-w700x500_fs.jpg

80m2

I don't think anyone was being bitter moosh but there are quite a few on here with loads of experience of methods and estimating areas. As some of us have said we use a more traditional pattern/system of working but also that as long as the finish is good then there's no problem.
You also need to realise that to just turn up announcing your arrival as you have there will be a bit of ribbing/baiting, but there really are very few bitter blokes on here.
Nice vid by the way.

I gotta give it to you andy, your work is amazing!

Be a pleasure to work with you.....

Just the way the light falls mate, so I was always taught to trowel ceilings parallel to the window, or the largest window if there are more than one and they're on different walls.:RpS_thumbup:

Same for me mate taught the same way.:RpS_thumbup:

Maybe if you get sheldon claymonster to be your lead council he could bore the judge to death and you can make a swift get away..............:RpS_thumbup:
Erm, no I will just do my time thanks, leave Ben with his playdough:RpS_biggrin: I think hes really missin bb? Keeps askin bout him:RpS_wub:

Erm, no I will just do my time thanks, leave Ben with his playdough:RpS_biggrin: I think hes really missin bb? Keeps askin bout him:RpS_wub:
remember morph off tony hart........bb can be the other plasterscene bloke cant remeber his name

Lol, think it was chas and the big blue guy was Gillespie. I think:RpS_unsure:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.