Good example of sun on render

Members online

No members online now.
I walk past this property most days and the render looks good.... then today I saw it with some sun on it....

I do t render and it pricks my pride sometimes that I’ve never learnt... but then I think it just seems like a massive aggro !

I do t render and it pricks my pride sometimes that I’ve never learnt... but then I think it just seems like a massive aggro !

Not missing owt Jess!!!

Scaffold = outlay
Skip = outlay
Lads Labour's = outlay
Shite weather = outlay
Materials cost = outlay

Unless you render full time and have multiple jobs on the go at different stages can loose as much as you can earn!

Not missing owt Jess!!!

Scaffold = outlay
Skip = outlay
Lads Labour's = outlay
Shite weather = outlay
Materials cost = outlay

Unless you render full time and have multiple jobs on the go at different stages can loose as much as you can earn!
Indeed, massive mither. But taking everything into account... much respect to the ones who do it, do it well and turn a profit

I wanted this property soooo badly but it did not even get on the market before it was sold :-(

But yes highlights render :D

I also could not work out if they had repaired the render or just painted it as it does look ace in normal light :D

I could take you around the Barrat site next to my Charles church mate.

I know the renderers...good at their game.
Plots all around are rendered...when sun hits it for a split second it looks ropey......but better than the other 95% of render I see.
It's impossible to get it perfect when sun creates a shadow

I wanted this property soooo badly but it did not even get on the market before it was sold :-(

I also could not work out if they had repaired the render or just painted it as it does look ace in normal light :D
Thin coat over that and it would look mint

It can be perfect if the efforts put in and you genuinely understand how to achieve it..

Example.

They build huge superstructures for yachts, big sheets of ali that are welded together, distorted and need completely skimming out with filler, lads working off multiple lifts of scaffold skimming and ruling before sanding on longboards at every angle. Not a dissimilar process to rendering a masonry wall. These yachts are then plonked in the ocean with light bouncing off the water, exposed at every angle and they are faultless.

It can be perfect if the efforts put in and you genuinely understand how to achieve it..

Example.

They build huge superstructures for yachts, big sheets of ali that are welded together, distorted and need completely skimming out with filler, lads working off multiple lifts of scaffold skimming and ruling before sanding on longboards at every angle. Not a dissimilar process to rendering a masonry wall. These yachts are then plonked in the ocean with light bouncing off the water, exposed at every angle and they are faultless.
But of course customers don't want to pay £600 per SQM.

Looks like they just painted it to me, looks like it was old render with paint already on. Plus look at the bottom half of the house. ;)

You've seen the light Danny....literally.

There ain't a rendered wall anywhere that is imperfection free in every lighting situation never seen it doesn't exists. Why welzy is comparing hand finished house rendering with wet cement to how multi million pound mega structures are fabricated I don't know....they are both nothing like each other.

Last edited:
You've seen the light Danny....literally.

There ain't a rendered wall anywhere that is imperfection free in every lighting situation never seen it doesn't exists. Why welzy is comparing hand finished house rendering with wet cement to how multi million pound mega structures are fabricated I don't know....they are both nothing like each other.
I didn't mention multi million pound mega structures, nor am I refering to them, I was highlighting this to the people that claimed it impossible to get render to look good when the sun is shining across at an acute angle. Put simply you can. You can compare because the process is similar, like you have pointed out yourself, wet material hand applied to an uneven surface, trued and leveled by hand and eye, assisted by the use of strait edges. Having dabbled in both I would say the biggest difference is the understanding, attention to detail and skills between the men carrying out the operations.

Last year did a side of a house on my own was proper paranoid about the sun as it creeps round and shines down it for a while, I went back one day when customers were out and sat there to view the sun casting at its worse , took pictures but tbf dare not post them here

Last year did a side of a house on my own was proper paranoid about the sun as it creeps round and shines down it for a while, I went back one day when customers were out and sat there to view the sun casting at its worse , took pictures but tbf dare not post them here
Turkish render lol..
Sun hit mine and it was ok. Apart from every section being a different shade lol

I didn't mention multi million pound mega structures, nor am I refering to them, I was highlighting this to the people that claimed it impossible to get render to look good when the sun is shining across at an acute angle. Put simply you can. You can compare because the process is similar, like you have pointed out yourself, wet material hand applied to an uneven surface, trued and leveled by hand and eye, assisted by the use of strait edges. Having dabbled in both I would say the biggest difference is the understanding, attention to detail and skills between the men carrying out the operations.

I have been on thousands of render jobs and seen thousands more from all different companies all over the UK and abroad and I've yet to see a gable end that is truely flawless in certain light. You can rule vertically and horizontally, spat and ibar til the cows come home but it will never be truely perfect in critical light and I've never spoken to a renderer who says it can be.

I have been on thousands of render jobs and seen thousands more from all different companies all over the UK and abroad and I've yet to see a gable end that is truely flawless in certain light. You can rule vertically and horizontally, spat and ibar til the cows come home but it will never be truely perfect in critical light and I've never spoken to a renderer who says it can be.
I.ve seen one I believe . I.ll try and grab a pic

You have now.

Go on Pete you know you want to really.