Going rate?

Members online

Don’t their wages get subsidised when they’re in college? Not saying you shouldn’t pay anything but aren’t you simply topping it up?

This is why I’m asking mate.?

To be fair if he is good enough and earns you money then why shouldn’t he get that, is he though ?
If you start him in lower pay you can increase it, not sure where you would stand in reducing his pay

Don’t their wages get subsidised when they’re in college? Not saying you shouldn’t pay anything but aren’t you simply topping it up?
Don’t know how it works but seeing him at 4 today,is it something they’ve enrolled on themselves to be seen as doing? I’ll find out more later pal.

Don’t know how it works but seeing him at 4 today,is it something they’ve enrolled on themselves to be seen as doing? I’ll find out more later pal.
I’m not sure to be honest. May or may not be the case. I do think 150 is a lot for just a second year who may be s**t or f**k off. I’d start lower and raise it as he goes along on merit.

Right I’ve been to see this kid.big lad very keen but he’s 17 and don’t want to get into all the paper work etc.how old to be self employed,need some advice chaps please.??

Right I’ve been to see this kid.big lad very keen but he’s 17 and don’t want to get into all the paper work etc.how old to be self employed,need some advice chaps please.??

150 cash a week seems very reasonable to me

I looked into it about a year ago i was told I had to properly employ them holiday pay bank holidays etc f**k that
Your not employing an apprenticeship your providing training for the duration of the apprenticeship. That's why you don't need to provide auto enrolment. An apprenticeship contract does Cover holiday pay etc

I think as an apprentice looking for an incentive to do well, so set out a basic weekly figure and adjust it to things he does well in that week not making the achievements to hard, if you have a good week also make sure he feels that he is part of it ...just my two pence worth

Your not employing an apprenticeship your providing training for the duration of the apprenticeship. That's why you don't need to provide auto enrolment. An apprenticeship contract does Cover holiday pay etc
Only what I was told bud

I think as an apprentice looking for an incentive to do well, so set out a basic weekly figure and adjust it to things he does well in that week not making the achievements to hard, if you have a good week also make sure he feels that he is part of it ...just my two pence worth
A fair approach. If he shows willing, you can give him more difficult tasks as you bring him on. Explain to him (if he doesn't already know) that we all started at the bottom but you're part of a team. Is he a 2nd year full-timer or a 2nd year apprentice? See what he's like before you start promising too much.

A fair approach. If he shows willing, you can give him more difficult tasks as you bring him on. Explain to him (if he doesn't already know) that we all started at the bottom but you're part of a team. Is he a 2nd year full-timer or a 2nd year apprentice? See what he's like before you start promising too much.
He’s a 2nd year who’s finishing end of next week so he’s done at college and 18 in 6 wks so he can go self employed and will give him incentives to keep him keen.??

He’s a 2nd year who’s finishing end of next week so he’s done at college and 18 in 6 wks so he can go self employed and will give him incentives to keep him keen.??
Yeah, once he's 18, he can go self-employed, then pay him what you think he's worth. Has he done any work with you already? As you say, don't pay him too much to start but enough to keep him keen. Well done for giving the lad a start/chance!

Yeah, once he's 18, he can go self-employed, then pay him what you think he's worth. Has he done any work with you already? As you say, don't pay him too much to start but enough to keep him keen. Well done for giving the lad a start/chance!
All for youth as I coach junior rugby and like watching youth progress.he.s 18 next month and got 2 years city & guilds qualification s. He rang the tax people today and gets his utr in 2 wks and him & his parents are more than happy with £150 pw and he’s only ever worked in college so tomorrow is a nice start for him.

All for youth as I coach junior rugby and like watching youth progress.he.s 18 next month and got 2 years city & guilds qualification s. He rang the tax people today and gets his utr in 2 wks and him & his parents are more than happy with £150 pw and he’s only ever worked in college so tomorrow is a nice start for him.

My last apprentice i had for 4 years and i put him through college.

I can honestly say it was the most enjoyable 4 years ive had, it totaly gave me some fresh enthusiasm to show and teach the trade.

So much so i absolutley used to hate Mondays when he was at college.

Now i just work with moaning, back stabbing, unreliable, lazy bastards spreads in there 40s that have lost the enjoyment like myself!

My last apprentice i had for 4 years and i put him through college.

I can honestly say it was the most enjoyable 4 years ive had, it totaly gave me some fresh enthusiasm to show and teach the trade.

So much so i absolutley used to hate Mondays when he was at college.

Now i just work with moaning, back stabbing, unreliable, lazy bastards spreads in there 40s that have lost the enjoyment like myself!
You need to get it back or it’s going to be a long haul mate.surround yourself with like minded spreads.!!

You need to get it back or it’s going to be a long haul mate.surround yourself with like minded spreads.!!

Cant see me ever getting it back if im honest!

Work has just become a chore always to much to do and not enough time to please everyone!