No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plasterite said:
pwi said:
Tried beading up to day use glue worked really good

good idea
i used duck tape many a time ;)

you laugh, but we went on a job to dryline and skim a ceiling and window wall. just so happened he'd had other plasterers in to do the rest of the room. looked at the beads on the chimney breast and they'd gaffa taped them on. but gone horizontally so every 2 foot you could see this bit of tape!

We used glue gun for external upvc beads wouldn't really use inside far easier using left over skim

Just don't be a tight ass and buy a cheap nasty one cause it breaks if your heavy handed. And also it burns like buggery if you get it on your arm. My boss dropped it on me

epoxy resin is great for beading up. It goes off quick enough for your trowel not to disturb bead when plastering. Skim or float.

Plaster of paris also does the trick

Used to work for a firm who used to 'do me favour' by putting beads on with grip fill for me. Apperntly it was my job to remove the snots and clean edges before I started. Would only use finish as these adhesives are expensive and are a pain to clean off, and god knows how long you've gota let em dry. When I use finish, I pva after applying bead. Then by the time I've mixed up and cleaned buckets beads ain't going nowhere.

About 20 second we use our all the time for beading now great when there's nothing to fix to

Status
Not open for further replies.