Gloss paint.

John j

Mono Don
Got to dot on to gloss paint.
I know had a big fail before . Luckily knew joiners and they bailed me out with some foam.
Was gonna talk to customer bout batterns but dont think wife will go for it.
Any tricks for getting dot to stick . At moment I.m going for dot and foam.
Also will bonding be ok on to gloss paint or will it need grit

Got to dot on to gloss paint.
I know had a big fail before . Luckily knew joiners and they bailed me out with some foam.
Was gonna talk to customer bout batterns but dont think wife will go for it.
Any tricks for getting dot to stick . At moment I.m going for dot and foam.
Also will bonding be ok on to gloss paint or will it need grit

Why don't you want to grit?

That aint a option lol . Think i.ll do pva n sand . Then some foam on boards as well

The gloss probably stronger than pva or grit. Sounds like a potential headache mate. Can’t you get a heat Gun on it and peel paint ?

I ain't got none and they wont pay 40 quid as its only a small area.
Its family and they allreadyhad enough free s**t out of me. Ok i wanted it out garage but still free s**t lol
Tell him then, that the correct thing to do is to grit. You will do it with PVA or he can strip the wall but in either case it is not what you have advised and if it falls orf, then it's not your fault.

I wouldn’t trust the grit to take the weight of board tbh.

Can’t understand why the customer is involved? Tell him what needs to be done and how much it’s going to cost.

If he is faffing then walk away or make him prep it and put in writing that it’s against your advice so you won’t be dealing with it when it pops

Dab it then use hammer fixings through the dab when hard and into the block or brick. Drill a hole tap them in . Tap con screws are also good, they come with the right masonry bit. If the wall is flat use Insta fix £12 a can. Sticks like sh*t.

Last edited:
John....

Just spread thinley adhesive all over the wall like realy thin skim then just dot the c**t on top...

Stop being a pussy!
Already pondered thst idea
Look at me avatar pic .
Still don't think its 100 percent fail proof

Already pondered thst idea
Look at me avatar pic .
Still don't think its 100 percent fail proof

Trust me will be fine!

Just make sure weight is on the floor, can always drill and plug a few mushroom fixings after if worried before skimming!

In wash mate i save it for best. I.ve deleted pic now or I would of edited it lol

Get lost we both know that vest lives in suitcase with rest of holiday clothes that youd be to scared to wear back home coz of pisstake youd get!