Gloss paint.

Members online

Got to dot on to gloss paint.
I know had a big fail before . Luckily knew joiners and they bailed me out with some foam.
Was gonna talk to customer bout batterns but dont think wife will go for it.
Any tricks for getting dot to stick . At moment I.m going for dot and foam.
Also will bonding be ok on to gloss paint or will it need grit

Stevieo

Royal Spin Doctor
Got to dot on to gloss paint.
I know had a big fail before . Luckily knew joiners and they bailed me out with some foam.
Was gonna talk to customer bout batterns but dont think wife will go for it.
Any tricks for getting dot to stick . At moment I.m going for dot and foam.
Also will bonding be ok on to gloss paint or will it need grit
Why don't you want to grit?

Why don't you want to grit?
I ain't got none and they wont pay 40 quid as its only a small area.
Its family and they allreadyhad enough free s**t out of me. Ok i wanted it out garage but still free s**t lol

If you don’t want to do it properly then scratch out the areas where Dab will go

That aint a option lol . Think i.ll do pva n sand . Then some foam on boards as well
The gloss probably stronger than pva or grit. Sounds like a potential headache mate. Can’t you get a heat Gun on it and peel paint ?

The gloss probably stronger than pva or grit. Sounds like a potential headache mate. Can’t you get a heat Gun on it and peel paint ?
No next to 5 grand front door lol.
Gonna mention batterns

Stevieo

Royal Spin Doctor
I ain't got none and they wont pay 40 quid as its only a small area.
Its family and they allreadyhad enough free s**t out of me. Ok i wanted it out garage but still free s**t lol
Tell him then, that the correct thing to do is to grit. You will do it with PVA or he can strip the wall but in either case it is not what you have advised and if it falls orf, then it's not your fault.

I wouldn’t trust the grit to take the weight of board tbh.

Can’t understand why the customer is involved? Tell him what needs to be done and how much it’s going to cost.

If he is faffing then walk away or make him prep it and put in writing that it’s against your advice so you won’t be dealing with it when it pops

It's family . We're gonna battern it out n just pva and sand inside arch then bond that

Donzo

Any sand . Got a sack of plasterssand . Should I do this on wall thats getting dotted as well
Yes, it works, done it in tiles before grit was available, gloss etc,,, though that's another topic.no foam

f**k that mate heat gun on it peels off wall ready in an hour
I ain't putting heat gun next to that door . She.s wiped it down 5 million time and i.ve not even started chucking s**t about yet lol

zombie

Private Member
John....

Just spread thinley adhesive all over the wall like realy thin skim then just dot the c**t on top...

Stop being a pussy!

theshed

Dab it then use hammer fixings through the dab when hard and into the block or brick. Drill a hole tap them in . Tap con screws are also good, they come with the right masonry bit. If the wall is flat use Insta fix £12 a can. Sticks like sh*t.

Last edited:
John....

Just spread thinley adhesive all over the wall like realy thin skim then just dot the c**t on top...

Stop being a pussy!
Already pondered thst idea
Look at me avatar pic .
Still don't think its 100 percent fail proof

zombie

Private Member
Already pondered thst idea
Look at me avatar pic .
Still don't think its 100 percent fail proof
Trust me will be fine!

Just make sure weight is on the floor, can always drill and plug a few mushroom fixings after if worried before skimming!

zombie

Private Member
Lol john you could have at least sneaked your stripey vest into photo!

zombie

Private Member
In wash mate i save it for best. I.ve deleted pic now or I would of edited it lol
Get lost we both know that vest lives in suitcase with rest of holiday clothes that youd be to scared to wear back home coz of pisstake youd get!

Get lost we both know that vest lives in suitcase with rest of holiday clothes that youd be to scared to wear back home coz of pisstake youd get!
Dont be f**k**g stupid........it's actual like a storage case that zips up n slides under bed lmfao