Glimmer of hope

Members online

Ffs stop moaning you've all been told your going to get 80% of you average income for the last 3 years for sitting on your fat arses for yours and your own familys benefit!

Unbelievable what more could you possibly want?????????

jam on it! :)

I’ll give you 3quid for cash
i can remember west ham came to carlisle 1973/74 season ,old first divsion,...........no icf mob then,.......mile end mob or something like that,.......some er how can i put this ,....barmpots amongst them,....to this day it reminds me of a day out from alcatraz

i can remember west ham came to carlisle 1973/74 season ,old first divsion,...........no icf mob then,.......mile end mob or something like that,.......some er how can i put this ,....barmpots amongst them,....to this day it reminds me of a day out from alcatraz
Ah The good old days mate. Lol

It's a weird situation, at the moment, isn't it?

Quite surreal.

There seems to be a lynch mob mentality in some of the TPF threads, and on social media, with anyone who even hints that they might be working a bit, getting shouted at for being irresponsible and 'deserving to be reported' to the police, etc. etc.

I understand that viewpoint, if - IF - what we are being told about a 'pandemic' is true.

However, we don't yet know how much of what we're being told is legitimate honest accurate truth, and how much of it may turn out to be smoke & mirrors (here's an example that should at least make people pause for thought: www.plasterersforum.com/threads/naughty-media-coronavirus-covid19.79178/post-1346301)

Personally, I'm not working at the moment, but I'm on the fence as to what the real truth might be about the alleged 'pandemic'. I wouldn't go so far as to say 'there's probably no virus at all', but, on the flip-side, I don't believe the public is being told the whole truth about size/numbers AND I don't believe there's only one thing going on, at the moment.
There is much to suggest that there may be several competing agendas vying with one another, at this point in time, some medical, some economic/financial, and several which, in the fullness of time, I suspect will shock the heck out of the everage person - so much so that they may struggle to believe it possible at all, even when (eventually) presented with incontrovertible evidence. No one reading this has to share my perspective - we will all just have to wait and see, including me.

Whatever one currently chooses to believe about the confusing cacophany of theories and mainstream 'news reports', it is hard for me not to recognise that those who are throwing stones at the minority of people who are trying to work, saying they should be reported, are behaving in a manner not entirely dissimilar to those during the cultural rev in Ch - the populace were traumatised and frightened into reporting their neighbours (even their friends and family) to the authorities, for the most trivial 'transgressions' against the 'rules'.

Please don't anyone misinterpret the above as me passing judgment. That's not what it is. As I said, I'm on the fence. It's just an observation about history and how it seems to repeat itself without people realising it. I understand why many people feel strongly that no one should be doing whatever is deemed to be 'non-essential' work. I just wish they would, at the very least, pause for a moment and question whether they should be throwing stones at people (so to speak) purely on the basis of believing what the television told them to believe.

I won't be working until the current situation changes for the better, but I won't be throwing stones at anyone for choosing to work, because I don't believe everything the mainstream media tries to make me believe, and so I don't believe I have the right to shout at someone for working, unless, and until, the full truth is revealed about world events, and it perhaps proves that everything we were told about this 'pandemic' is true (which I doubt).

(y)
Don’t tell me the worlds flat

Yes,the airlines meet with government before making those decisions. I had a jet 2 for June as well but booked through a travel agent separate hotel. Waiting to hear.
I’m with TUI. I bet those Krauts what until the last second to cough up.

Yes,the airlines meet with government before making those decisions. I had a jet 2 for June as well but booked through a travel agent separate hotel. Waiting to hear.
Hopefully all will get refunded,I believe some operators are trying to offer vouchers rather ran a ££ refund...you dont have to accept it.

Hopefully all will get refunded,I believe some operators are trying to offer vouchers rather ran a ££ refund...you dont have to accept it.
Yeah we’ve had that offer. Or an offer to change dates to later this year or even next year. Desperate to hold on to our money

They've never be mighty lol
Right c**t! It’s on!!!! :boxeador:

1586283155759.jpeg

Would all you guys have been happy to go if they had not cancelled.
50% of my group are glad,they said they did not want to go to tenerife after this situation and worried about another lockdown while abroad.
I was in spain when lockdown just started and we were lucky to get out.
That expierance has totally changed me it was total chaos.
It wont be buisness as usual over there this year.

50% of my group are glad,they said they did not want to go to tenerife after this situation and worried about another lockdown while abroad.
Happy to get the refund and see where we are when all this is over, whenever that may be?

Agree with Jamie. Too much chaos. It’s not the stress free holiday we all look forward to.