Glimmer of hope

12/18 months at least,.......then all these shops/pubs/hotels. etcetc,.....will all have to be deep cleaned before they reopen,..possible new staff have to be retrained,........ships/aeroplanes will all have to be maintained before they set off,.....really do hope i am very wrong but 12/18 months at least,.....this country and the world will never be the same again
Will I not be going to Corfu in June then :llorando:

12/18 months at least,.......then all these shops/pubs/hotels. etcetc,.....will all have to be deep cleaned before they reopen,..possible new staff have to be retrained,........ships/aeroplanes will all have to be maintained before they set off,.....really do hope i am very wrong but 12/18 months at least,.....this country and the world will never be the same again
I keep looking at KESWICK web cam so sad not a soul on the street I been on hols for years there its finished

I am torn but got gear now .. wont be any brews that's for sure
[//
You will get folk offering u drinks etc still wtf which is v surprising ,as long as you r super clean n no wanking with yer gloves on ,...u be fine

It's a weird situation, at the moment, isn't it?

Quite surreal.

There seems to be a lynch mob mentality in some of the TPF threads, and on social media, with anyone who even hints that they might be working a bit, getting shouted at for being irresponsible and 'deserving to be reported' to the police, etc. etc.

I understand that viewpoint, if - IF - what we are being told about a 'pandemic' is true.

However, we don't yet know how much of what we're being told is legitimate honest accurate truth, and how much of it may turn out to be smoke & mirrors (here's an example that should at least make people pause for thought: www.plasterersforum.com/threads/naughty-media-coronavirus-covid19.79178/post-1346301)

Personally, I'm not working at the moment, but I'm on the fence as to what the real truth might be about the alleged 'pandemic'. I wouldn't go so far as to say 'there's probably no virus at all', but, on the flip-side, I don't believe the public is being told the whole truth about size/numbers AND I don't believe there's only one thing going on, at the moment.
There is much to suggest that there may be several competing agendas vying with one another, at this point in time, some medical, some economic/financial, and several which, in the fullness of time, I suspect will shock the heck out of the everage person - so much so that they may struggle to believe it possible at all, even when (eventually) presented with incontrovertible evidence. No one reading this has to share my perspective - we will all just have to wait and see, including me.

Whatever one currently chooses to believe about the confusing cacophany of theories and mainstream 'news reports', it is hard for me not to recognise that those who are throwing stones at the minority of people who are trying to work, saying they should be reported, are behaving in a manner not entirely dissimilar to those during the cultural rev in Ch - the populace were traumatised and frightened into reporting their neighbours (even their friends and family) to the authorities, for the most trivial 'transgressions' against the 'rules'.

Please don't anyone misinterpret the above as me passing judgment. That's not what it is. As I said, I'm on the fence. It's just an observation about history and how it seems to repeat itself without people realising it. I understand why many people feel strongly that no one should be doing whatever is deemed to be 'non-essential' work. I just wish they would, at the very least, pause for a moment and question whether they should be throwing stones at people (so to speak) purely on the basis of believing what the television told them to believe.

I won't be working until the current situation changes for the better, but I won't be throwing stones at anyone for choosing to work, because I don't believe everything the mainstream media tries to make me believe, and so I don't believe I have the right to shout at someone for working, unless, and until, the full truth is revealed about world events, and it perhaps proves that everything we were told about this 'pandemic' is true (which I doubt).

(y)
Anybody working are not doing anything wrong.if they work to governments guidelines its allowed. mine is a moral point. paid to stay at home and i dont deem plastering essential.

This work thing is a tough one. It is the right thing to stay at home to help the NHS, yourself, family etc but we all have our financial breaking point. I really wouldn’t pin all your hopes on these handouts. If it turns into a s**t show the government won’t give a toss about your mortgage.

Anybody working are not doing anything wrong.if they work to governments guidelines its allowed. mine is a moral point. paid to stay at home and i dont deem plastering essential.
Are you self employed? You getting a good whack then for sitting at home?

Are you self employed? You getting a good whack then for sitting at home?
Its less than i earn, but think its decent for sitting doing he haw.yes self employed.
Good question i wonder what the split on this forum,who are either self employed or employed.as their seems to be a small amount that post compared to amount of members in the forum.

Its less than i earn, but think its decent for sitting doing he haw.yes self employed.
Good question i wonder what the split on this forum,who are either self employed or employed.as their seems to be a small amount that post compared to amount of members in the forum.
I think there's guna be more to it than just HMRC putting 3 months worth of money in your account in june

Put job back till next week . More customer worried bout what neightbours think.
Anyway I had told my mam and I think she was a bit worried so I text her to say it's off to stop her fretting. I was also texting a mate at same time about same thing. Anyway got in bath and first text I saw was never mind xxxxx. .................And that's the first time I.ve ever swore in front of my mam doh
Screenshot_20200406-193352_Messages.jpg

Fukin right it is . I cant see anyone getting fuk all
Its deffo not a case of " there you go sir theres 3 months pay backdated to 1st march.and it's in your account there and then,hope I'm wrong but just cant see it,portal at HMRC isnt even open until end of may

Put job back till next week . More customer worried bout what neightbours think.
Anyway I had told my mam and I think she was a bit worried so I text her to say it's off to stop her fretting. I was also texting a mate at same time about same thing. Anyway got in bath and first text I saw was never mind xxxxx. .................And that's the first time I.ve ever swore in front of my mam doh View attachment 46934

You've done the right thing pal.

It was killing me today with no photos!

Its deffo not a case of " there you go sir theres 3 months pay backdated to 1st march.and it's in your account there and then,hope I'm wrong but just cant see it,portal at HMRC isnt even open until end of may
I dont see them paying 12 weeks money if restrictions are lifted after 9 weeks.
It will be interesting.

I dont see them paying 12 weeks money if restrictions are lifted after 9 weeks.
It will be interesting.
And that will give em more time to get out of it. How can they work something for employed fast. They can check everyones tax returns . Be because all these politicians will have little businesses they need to look after

The government doesn't give a fuk about the self employed never have never will . Fuk me you can't even sign on without all this lot going on

And that will give em more time to get out of it. How can they work something for employed fast. They can check everyones tax returns . Be because all these politicians will have little businesses they need to look after
If there do shell out,look out 4 a 7% hike in tax in nxt budget,so effectively your giving them alot more.been better off in long run just sucking it up 4 3 months on statutory

Ffs stop moaning you've all been told your going to get 80% of you average income for the last 3 years for sitting on your fat arses for yours and your own familys benefit!

Unbelievable what more could you possibly want?????????