Giving blood

Olican

Private Member
Does anyone else on here give blood?
It's been in the back of mind for years to do it but after hearing a customer tell me recently how he and 30 other doners saved the life of an 8 year old boy from Plymouth by giving 28 pints; its urged me on.
I registered last night, took 5 minutes, and I'm booked in for my first donation. Be interested to hear how fellow spreads find next day at work . Also looking to donate platelets as well

Jane has done as often as she is allowed to has done since she was old enough to.

Me I cannot as I had dengue so my blood is apparently not good now :-(

perhaps i should, as i am a rare blood group. when i was in hospital and needed blood, they had to order it in.
Are you O Rhesus? I've yet to donate but registering was very easy, loads of places to donate nearby

I've found half a dozen blood donation locations near me , most open late so I can do after work..and I'll get a free biscuit

It's been in the back of mind for years to do it but after hearing a customer tell me recently how he and 30 other doners saved the life of an 8 year old boy from Plymouth by giving 28 pints; its urged me on.
I registered last night, took 5 minutes, and I'm booked in for my first donation. Be interested to hear how fellow spreads find next day at work . Also looking to donate platelets as well
Next day should not be a problem, but everyone can have a reaction, if it's 1st time only you will know what happens.

I would give blood but can’t cause I ruptured my spleen when I was 15 and pretty much bled out . good on you pal you’ll be part of saving someone’s life which is always a good deed

Charge em more then lol.

I.m a doner . Might get round to giving some
7C1566FE-58C5-4410-8CC0-A0FF906838D2.gif

Yes I give blood the trouble is becouse of the phisical job we do I'm fuked for a week drained and so on. I do drink plenty of fluids. It takes a tole on your body when they take a pint of blood from you in this job. But it good thing to save life's.. And good for you when they check your blood for iron ect

When we did IVF we had to have a blood test. Wife went in one I went in other .
Anyway they asked if student could take mine. Always like to give some one a step up so said yes .
10 mins later she still sticking fuckjng needles in both arms pumping needle . I.m thinking I.m sure theres summet bad about getting f**k**g air in your blood.
Finally she admitted defeat and asked doctor who was straight in job done .
I walked out with bandages on both arms to a very shocked looking wife

Yes I give blood the trouble is becouse of the phisical job we do I'm fuked for a week drained and so on. I do drink plenty of fluids. It takes a tole on your body when they take a pint of blood from you in this job. But it good thing to save life's.. And good for you when they check your blood for iron ect
I say it a good thing to loose a pint of blood becouse you get a fresh pint to replace it. I wonder if that y women live longer than men becouse they loose blood every month just a thought lol

i have done for years first time made me really ill and fainted, had loads of nurses patting my head cold sponges, it's not a nice feeling first time, went really queasy me, light headed, heart racing, sweating. apprantly it's quite natrual first time, but happened every time with me. but last donation i failed the iron test and told i'm anemic now so can't give. :-(

After my stroke I got jabbed with so many needles I eventually stopped being scared of needles, so I thought I’d donate blood, but the medicine I’m on and the danger of losing blood or something to do with clotting I’m not allowed to. Great thing to do though, perhaps I’d be more suited to whacking off into little cups and donating sperm.

It was blood you donated, right?

Tried to. Something flagged up and I got sent away. The third time I put in a complaint and they promised to let me know the reason but they didn’t.

On beta blockers atm so I am going to give it a miss.

Sorry to hear about your mum. Best bet would be to go and see what local papers are available in your nearest paper shop. And ask what free papers get delivered. I think these days people still peruse through free papers and are more likely to see the notice