Gib Kirk Giordano. No Waterproofer

Members online

fixit

Wondered about the comments from Kirk. See the copied youtube comments below.
Would they use different sand/cement in Down Under.
FIXIT
we put waterproofer in the first coat but not the 2nd coat

Kirk Giordano plastering Inc
Good evening fix it, I'd stop doing that, if you waterproof the first coat you have sealed it, In order for the second coat to adhere it need to adhere by suction or what we call a mechanical bond, you need a porous first coat that you make moist with water to accept the second coat which is wet. If you waterproof the first coat, the second coat will not adhere forever unless you apply a bonding agent over the first coat as it's now sealed. Bringing peace, love, and harmony to plastering The complete plastering encyclopedia on video, by the plastering messengers of Youtube

Personally I'm with Kurt , doesn't go in top if I can

Yep lol , carry on , no hang on I'm waiting for @essexandy and @zombie to join in
Oh and Kirk has obviously been reading some books but getting his facts arse about face. The roughness and texture of any substrate or subsequent coats of render is the mechanical key, not suction, that's a chemical key.
You're welcome.

Because Kirk makes loads of YouTube videos doesn't mean he's right.
I put waterproofer in my scratch coat and I defy you to separate my top coat from the scratch.
Same as skimming dry PVA ,
sure , it'll be OK
You scratch properly , not everyone does and tbf I've used it on occasions but always prefer to dampen
My opinion is pretty worthless as I use lime in my mixes ,
Next time be more dismissive , you let me down

Kirk goirdinio is a genius, plastering legend and all round good guy some pictures of the family!
maxresdefault.jpg
photo.jpg

Different climate here. We need a WP for suction control and on certain properties penetrating damp control and besides cement itself is an adhesive but get water absorbtion and have it get between the two coats can cause segregation so this is where a good wavy scratch comes in. Not straight got to be wavy and whilst the base coat is still wet enough for the scratch to sag. The two coats interlock so cannot blow off.

No I’m his!! Lol! ...... there’s no hope for either of us!

But seriously.... Andrew would probably send me baked goods if he knew my address.... with handwritten notes etc :coffe:

He’s a big softy like that
He don't fool me with his ranting , despite slagging off my mid joists boarding

Hey Norm! What’s happening? :rebotando:
just the norm trying to get some cash for my few days away to lakes next week /just handed back grand daughter after here mother was away in Liverpool for 4 days /well into rum bottle again fck it not be long before the cornice in the sky needs sorting /doing a concrete job in morning for local plumber bet the pays shite/be good and fck @Essex andy

just the norm trying to get some cash for my few days away to lakes next week /just handed back grand daughter after here mother was away in Liverpool for 4 days /well into rum bottle again fck it not be long before the cornice in the sky needs sorting /doing a concrete job in morning for local plumber bet the pays shite/be good and fck @Essex andy
Morning Norm! How’s the head? ;)