Ghost prevention

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivor

hi, I'm going to try one pass over tightly dabbed on 10mm beads wich the builder has dabbed on and has done a spot on job to, I usually 2 pass on block never sprayed 1 but was a bit worried about the chance of ghosting so was thinking would a primer like micro or something similar reduce the risk as it would give even suction on the mortar joints ? Just a thought cheers .

hi, I'm going to try one pass over tightly dabbed on 10mm beads wich the builder has dabbed on and has done a spot on job to, I usually 2 pass on block never sprayed 1 but was a bit worried about the chance of ghosting so was thinking would a primer like micro or something similar reduce the risk as it would give even suction on the mortar joints ? Just a thought cheers .
10mm render isn't thick enough mate surely?
Parex spec 20mm down here near the coast now.
It being a breathable render I would be cautious.
As for ghosting I would do the beading again getting full thickness.

It should be ok,I have used 10mm beads a couple of times on small block walls that were nice and flat so there weren't to be any risk of low points and there was no ghosting,I'm sure there would have been occasions on bad blockwork where Youve had mono @15mm at the beads and then tighter where the bad blockwork is as you've kept the render flat and had no problems with ghosting.

I always use 10mm beads.although I squeeze them a little so once dabbed out give 15-17mm thickness.i personally wouldn't risk that thickness on block

The beads are dabbed on so won't be 10mm just wondering as I'm Gona go for one pass it would be around 15mm scraped back to 13

Rowland if you micro then spray one coat it'll prob slump being krend , me and rich did the exact same thing, if beads dubbed on then should be fine in one coat [emoji3] go for it groper

Rowland if you micro then spray one coat it'll prob slump being krend , me and rich did the exact same thing, if beads dubbed on then should be fine in one coat [emoji3] go for it groper
It's parex I'm a horse it on one coat and run. I sprayed over base coat with mono in one cost the other day was supprised how thick you can get it on in one pass .

It's parex I'm a horse it on one coat and run. I sprayed over base coat with mono in one cost the other day was supprised how thick you can get it on in one pass .
If it's parex then no probs Rowland [emoji106]

10mm render isn't thick enough mate surely?
Parex spec 20mm down here near the coast now.
It being a breathable render I would be cautious.
As for ghosting I would do the beading again getting full thickness.

Parex would spec 120mm if they could get away with it.

It's in their interest to sell as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.