Getting the apprentice tools

Members online

devneydutch

Just bought the apprentice a new trowel but been in this situation before and just when you think you have a dedicated one they f**k off elsewhere.

Anyone do the same for there’s?

Yep bent over backwards for them in the past and they still leave, if there going there going and what's a trowel £40.

Yep 40 ish plus vat, you'd have made a few quid off them with the grants and graft, my previous ones have bought them there self they've a new found respect for them to keep clean and look after.

Just bought the apprentice a new trowel but been in this situation before and just when you think you have a dedicated one they f**k off elsewhere.

Anyone do the same for there’s?
When I was starting out I had to buy my own. Shiny new MT lasted a week in the van before it got nicked..

I used to supply all the tools for labourers/improvers working with me. But those tools remained mine, and when they left, the tools stayed. One guy was particularly surprised that he couldn't leave and take all his kit with him.

As owls said I’ve been there 5 times now and they f’off when you’ve been good to them. The current one is brilliant and I’ve gone about it different this time. I’ve encouraged him to try and do his own thing and it’s made him want to stay. Reverse psychology :cool:

I used to supply all the tools for labourers/improvers working with me. But those tools remained mine, and when they left, the tools stayed. One guy was particularly surprised that he couldn't leave and take all his kit with him.
years ago had one started missing college day paid by me pulled him about it he went back 'later on went back to same carry on I rang college and asked his teacher he said that he had a letter from me to say I had stopped him going turned out he had stolen a letterhead out the office /I sacked him on xmas eve one of my spreads said u cant do that on xmas eve I said u watch later that night his dad came threatening to take me to a tribunal ect /the way I saw it if he would steal from the hand that feeds him I could not trust him in customers houses

I've given a few plastering kits to my apprentices over the years, they start off doing weekend obbles on thier own till confident then either want to much money or to try thier luck on thier own. They either want to come back after a few months or I sub them in as needed, never show them you give a s**t and just wish em luck. Better off long term imo. But i make every c**t pay for any of my tools n buckets they break or dont clean after em, they last a lot longer now.