Getting stuck in

Vincey

Private Member
Took on an apprentice, this is week two now , massive move for me tbh as always been a happy lone wolf , gotta say though am really enjoying it atm,the actual sign up and getting started has been most stress for me all this official stuff I hate it paper work and chatting to office folk but hope in the coming year or so it is worth it , after all this cov crap it will be great to see some good
5668A630-C6CA-4A6C-8DE8-581F87C3A68D.jpeg

Took on an apprentice, this is week two now , massive move for me tbh as always been a happy lone wolf , gotta say though am really enjoying it atm,the actual sign up and getting started has been most stress for me all this official stuff I hate it paper work and chatting to office folk but hope in the coming year or so it is worth it , after all this cov crap it will be great to see some good
View attachment 64366
Best of luck.

View attachment 64366
Nice one. when you have taught him all you know send him to me and I will show him the dark arts of bead taping.

Looks a bit of a kak handed weed
I took on a lad and thought it was great first few weeks then it all ended badly seven weeks in
Fat t**t was lazy anyway and pulled sickies cos it was 30 degrees week
More the fool me cos Dad was a mate and I took his son on - we don’t talk to each other now lol

Looks a bit of a kak handed weed
I took on a lad and thought it was great first few weeks then it all ended badly seven weeks in
Fat t**t was lazy anyway and pulled sickies cos it was 30 degrees week
More the fool me cos Dad was a mate and I took his son on - we don’t talk to each other now lol
you sound like an arse of a gaffer to be honest.

Last apprentice I had his phone was glued to his f**k**g hand im sure he troweled a wall with it,sacked him in the end his wall turned out better

You haven't exactly started in the right fashion. He should be in full PPE and working off of podium steps (minimum) for that task.

Tell him to get a hair cut and some work wear, looks like you’ve picked him up from the local skate park
f**k that. I have nice expensive work clothes , nice work pants and polo's etc and then I have my plastering clothes

Get some proper work trousers and a polo it looks miles better,also enjoy it whilst it lasts as it pretty much always goes 2 ways,he becomes a lazy t**t and moans when he has to sweep up or after a year or 2 when he can push a bag up a wall his parents get into his ear saying he should be pulling £100 a day.this is one of many reasons why there's going to be a shortage.apparantly you can pick cabbage 4 £68k a year now

nice work @Vincey its good to see others giving back
The college say they have a lot of students who struggle to get taken on mate , I’m not sure if I heard them right but sure they also offer employees like ourselves a one off payment of £1000 to take a year 2 out to work for the experience for 70 hours with out paying the student , think this is because they can’t get experience so government set up this scheme
With work that’s coming in atm I’m contemplating taking another if this one goes ok as it’s still early days I know

The college say they have a lot of students who struggle to get taken on mate , I’m not sure if I heard them right but sure they also offer employees like ourselves a one off payment of £1000 to take a year 2 out to work for the experience for 70 hours with out paying the student , think this is because they can’t get experience so government set up this scheme
With work that’s coming in atm I’m contemplating taking another if this one goes ok as it’s still early days I know

Why, it's almost as though they should properly bring back apprenticeships, isn't it?
chin.gif

I dread to think what state the building industry's going to be in in 20yrs time, when the millenial generation finally glance up from their iPhone screens for 10 seconds and realise there are no tradespeople left...

Even though Wall-E was just a kids' film, it made one or two worryingly-plausible observations about the way humanity may end up utterly incapable of looking after themselves if they don't wake up and see how they're being dumbed-down right now.

Nice one for giving a newcomer a bit of experience (y)

I’m hoping get him trained give him the van and supaflex 1 mate and sod off with my campervan join you on caravan forum.
Good plan (y) I'm selling my motorhome soon to upgrade to a bigger new one cos be out in it even more next year :cool:
Delegating work will be tough when you're not around to watch em n protect your rep m8 :coffe:

He's wearing goggles? Agree with Andy though, needs better than a wobbly step ladder, no work rate if holding on to a ladder not a hawk.

im just about to take on a 4th
1 ive had for 6 years. he has a van from is and does jobs on own.

got 2 that have just completed level 2.

so now looking for another one to sit with our year 6 lad