getting old

Members online

Swallowed 5 buscopan and it still didn’t stop the pain and the brown water pouring from my sphincter. Nasty lesson.

I ate a soggy deep fried fish for lunch at a pub last week. 3 hours later my arse exploded. I was stuck in a bog for about an hour. f**k**g horrendous and very embarrassing
You can’t eat something then three hours later poo it out
That fish was still in your stomach
You shat the food you ate 35 hours before
You can’t eat what you like and expect decent shits

4am.

Wetherspoon tramp! :risas2:
Screenshot_20210903-151444_Facebook.jpg

I’ve had it after an hour, let alone 3 FFS. Starbucks latte. Wicked stuff

I ate a soggy deep fried fish for lunch at a pub last week. 3 hours later my arse exploded. I was stuck in a bog for about an hour. f**k**g horrendous and very embarrassing
I’ve had it after an hour, let alone 3 FFS. Starbucks latte. Wicked stuff

Although it's possible there may have been some lactose (milk) or eggs in the fish batter, it may be more likely that the common link between those 2 scenarios could be fat/oil.

I'm no doctor, but if it's happening to you fairly often, then there are ways of narrowing down possible causes (certain lab tests) and there are ways of trying to reduce symptoms (with the emphasis on narrowing down causes, but in the meantime no harm in trying to reduce symptoms). I haven't had any symptoms as urgent as those you describe, but I have had digestive issues, over the years, and because of that, I happen to know a fair bit about how such issues can happen (one learns when one is faced with a situation that forces one to learn and to adapt).

Not really a topic to detail in a public thread, though, for obvious reasons.

Yeah it’s a fat/oil issue. Could see the fat floating in the pan. If you take that image?

I need some of those heavy prescription pills that Cockney1 gets from his doc. Big lad has wrote the book on IBS

Yeah it’s a fat/oil issue. Could see the fat floating in the pan. If you take that image?

Doesn't freak me out in the least, but others may find it a bit squeamish.

A couple of things that are very important for correct fat digestion are pancreatic enzymes (specifically lipase) and bile (produced by the liver but stored and concentrated in the gallbladder). There are labs tests to check for these (for example, lipase would initially be checked via the levels of pancreatic elastase in a sample pot provided to the lab). I could go into great detail about this, but, as I said, this isn't really something for a public discussion.

Purely as a harmless thing to try (not a longterm solution but something to try to alleviate symptoms a bit whilst you make efforts to find out the underlying cause(s)) you can try reducing your dietary fat intake and consider supporting your digestion with a digestive enzyme supplement that's focused specifically upon fat/lipid digestion (i.e. contains a good potency of 'lipase') - one example would be Enzymedica's 'Lypo Gold' (easily available from the USA). On the biliary side of things, it's possible to obtain some digestive supplements that contain ox bile extract. However, if it were me, I'd be focusing upon lipase as a first step.

Digestive issues are a big topic and TPF is not the right place to go into detail, and I have to reiterate that I am not a doctor - I'm just sharing a tiny bit of what I've had to learn in my own life for my own experiences of digestive issues. The NHS is great, but it has limited resources and if you wish to move forwards with finding out what's really going on, you are probably going to have to spend a few bob to get private tests done. We're not talking mega money, but probably a few hundred.

Wrong, from serious experience several times - seems to turn the entire gut bad, gas build up pushes everything out pronto!

Seems there's quite a few TPF members experiencing digestive issues.

Doesn't freak me out in the least, but others may find it a bit squeamish.

A couple of things that are very important for correct fat digestion are pancreatic enzymes (specifically lipase) and bile (produced by the liver but stored and concentrated in the gallbladder). There are labs tests to check for these (for example, lipase would initially be checked via the levels of pancreatic elastase in a sample pot provided to the lab). I could go into great detail about this, but, as I said, this isn't really something for a public discussion.

Purely as a harmless thing to try (not a longterm solution but something to try to alleviate symptoms a bit whilst you make efforts to find out the underlying cause(s)) you can try reducing your dietary fat intake and consider supporting your digestion with a digestive enzyme supplement that's focused specifically upon fat/lipid digestion (i.e. contains a good potency of 'lipase') - one example would be Enzymedica's 'Lypo Gold' (easily available from the USA). On the biliary side of things, it's possible to obtain some digestive supplements that contain ox bile extract. However, if it were me, I'd be focusing upon lipase as a first step.

Digestive issues are a big topic and TPF is not the right place to go into detail, and I have to reiterate that I am not a doctor - I'm just sharing a tiny bit of what I've had to learn in my own life for my own experiences of digestive issues. The NHS is great, but it has limited resources and if you wish to move forwards with finding out what's really going on, you are probably going to have to spend a few bob to get private tests done. We're not talking mega money, but probably a few hundred.
You are definitely the master of long posts. I bow to you.

Muppet.

Pub lunch munching knob head.