getting it on !

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smudger1

Hi boyos just a question or 1000 if you dont mind :confused:

I use a MT 14" trowel on most things along with traditional tools but have read here about speedskim, ****** plaziflex plastic 14" and ****** s/steel s*p*r*lex 16" trowel.

So does it go something like this for int walls n ceilings with you ?

Lay on with 14" MT trowel.

Flatten with 4ft or bigger ? speed skim

2nd coat on with 14" or bigger ? plaziflex

Flatten again with speedskim

Give it a once over with plazi

Finish off with 16" s*p*r*lex s/steel trowel

Im planning on buying some new toys so are these worth getting and does anyone know if the steel blades for the speedskims are due out soon ? also are these 3 ok for external renders ?

Ta.

Mt trowel first coat then speedskim it if u want. 2nd coat mt trowel.speedskim it. Then finish it with s*p*r*lex with no water.

The Plasterers1stopshop plazi and their s*p*r*lex trowel (spunky was biging up their s*p*r*lex trowel) are the ones to get also get your speedskim from them cos they are site sponsors as are speedskim then everyone is a winner :RpS_thumbup:

Put on with mt, flatten with mt unless its big flat areas then use speedskim, then second with mt, flatten with mt, use mt till it's nearly done then plastic

The Plasterers1stopshop plazi and their s*p*r*lex trowel (spunky was biging up their s*p*r*lex trowel) are the ones to get also get your speedskim from them cos they are site sponsors as are speedskim then everyone is a winner :RpS_thumbup:
Eze flex I think.

It might sound weird & even a bit strange but I use a trowel from start to finish :RpS_unsure:
weird I know :RpS_blushing:

It might sound weird & even a bit strange but I use a trowel from start to finish :RpS_unsure:
weird I know :RpS_blushing:

Old timer my dad used to say that's the way he used to do it back in 2012. I can't see how that is possible in this day and age

Old timer my dad used to say that's the way he used to do it back in 2012. I can't see how that is possible in this day and age

Ahh yes the good old days 2012, I remember it well :)
now the worlds gone plastic mad :RpS_scared:

Put on with mt, flatten with mt unless its big flat areas then use speedskim, then second with mt, flatten with mt, use mt till it's nearly done then plastic

Is that the plastic from 1 stop shop. If it is I can't get on with it. I just think there is no need for it when u use the s*p*r*lex.

Is that the plastic from 1 stop shop. If it is I can't get on with it. I just think there is no need for it when u use the s*p*r*lex.
I never had a s*p*r*lex trowel. But had the spats, there good on big flat areas, I think the eze flex is better value though from plasteronestopshop

It's like an operation to skim a few walls now lol.

Doctor skim can you pass me the spat, the sponge, now the speed skim, final part of the operation the plazzie. Next patient err sorry I mean wall :rolleyes)

I have a 14" marshalltown ss, I use it for everything (plastering/rendering related) manage fine so need for anything else, plus there's enough crap Rollin about in back of van without anything else..

I have a 14" marshalltown ss, I use it for everything (plastering/rendering related) manage fine so need for anything else, plus there's enough crap Rollin about in back of van without anything else..

Do u not get nicks in it doing render.

Do u not get nicks in it doing render.
No, don't have any probs but look after it a bit more than I used to(ok maybe I distorted the truth) I have an older 14" that I use for scratch coating so that when you come across the odd snot of mortar and can't be ****** getting something to remove it you just jab the trowel at it, job done.. One more post and I have 2 whole hundred woohoo, took a while though..

Lay on with 14" MT trowel.

Flatten with 4ft or bigger ? speed skim

2nd coat on with 14" MT

Flatten again with speedskim

Trowel with plazi until desired finish is achieved

Looks like it comes down to plaziflex or s/steel s*p*r*lex to finish skim off then ! I like the idea of a steel finisher but will get both to compare on seperate walls but they will have to make a difference in time and finish to my MT to impress me .

I will stick to MT for all external work though cos they sound a bit fragile for heavy graft. Are they bringing out steel blades for the speedskims ?

Alternatively

lay on with ragni
flatten with cavity closer
float up with sponge
trowel up with new shiny pound shop 12"
:RpS_blink:

1st coat with a ****** 16''
2nd coat with a ****** 16''
trowel up with a ****** 16''
not a piece of plastic in sight....
dont use the s*p*r*lex, but i believe from some of the lads who know what their on about, that they are very good, im happy enough with my stainless tho...

Lay on 1st with ss tyzak, nice and neat, lay on second with ss tyzak nice and neat, speedskim just for good measures, wet trowel with tyzak and dry trowel with tyzak, plenty of cups of tea inbetween.:RpS_thumbsup:

Mate if your 1st and 2nd coats are nice and neat and the speed skim is just for good measures, could you not just do away with the speed skim and save yourself some time and money ? does the speed skim actually get it any neater ?

Status
Not open for further replies.