Getting a new youngin

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well his dads just fuckd him over then.....unless hes got him lined up for somthing better i suppose....:RpS_unsure:.2 ton a week, books in after tax?( im asuming?...at 17:RpS_thumbup: .....unless hes a crash test dummy id say hes got it good.

Yeah I agree I was worse off just you don't know what people have to pay for etc might have car insurance phobe bill eyc good offer but people assume working in tesco etc is better for them financially at time

Don't get me wrong it's a good wage learning! I got 120 a week in 2010 bit if he drives etc and wants car etc and want to go out with his hates and too the pub? It's not that much with how much it costs to live. My first insurance on a Clio was 2600. Absolute bull.

There are lots of married men much older than that who, have to get by on minimum wage which aint much more than 200 a week and divint have the benefit of mam and dad putting a roof owa the heed and paying the gas and electric etc.
This isn't a go at you by the way but it amazes me that peeps think they have a right to everything exactly when they want it. Despite my best efforts i have 1 young'n who thinks he should be able to get what he wants when he wants it and still hasn't grasped that good things come to those who wait. very few peep's in life are lucky enough to get what they want when they want it and. generally to get what you want sacrifice and hard work get you there in the end i.e. if you want a car have 1 night in the pub not 4 ! if you want 100 odd quid designer gear ditch the car ffs sake!!!!

God i'm an old barsteward :RpS_laugh:

There are lots of married men much older than that who, have to get by on minimum wage which aint much more than 200 a week and divint have the benefit of mam and dad putting a roof owa the heed and paying the gas and electric etc.
This isn't a go at you by the way but it amazes me that peeps think they have a right to everything exactly when they want it. Despite my best efforts i have 1 young'n who thinks he should be able to get what he wants when he wants it and still hasn't grasped that good things come to those who wait. very few peep's in life are lucky enough to get what they want when they want it and. generally to get what you want sacrifice and hard work get you there in the end i.e. if you want a car have 1 night in the pub not 4 ! if you want 100 odd quid designer gear ditch the car ffs sake!!!!

God i'm an old barsteward :RpS_laugh:

Yeah I agree mate haha he just was not happy earning 200 quid when he can get that stacking shelves and wk t see it as an investment in his own education in the trade. Also he won't see when gaffer has a bad week and still pays him

They all need to go to specsavers. Short sighted little buggers. I got rid of number 3 of the year a couple weeks ago. Just moaning about money etc. I asked him to pva and not miss any bits so he handed me the roller and said you better do it then. Lol

Don't be daft John he might be alright?? If its a lass??? Bonus !!! At least the brews would be good :RpS_laugh:

Don't be daft John he might be alright?? If its a lass??? Bonus !!! At least the brews would be good :RpS_laugh:
that last comment is unsuitable for the forward thinking world we live in.....................doubt i could get away with a bumming man test like i have done with the other 3.................its a far better barometer than splitting a bag of finish over there head when the shoulder press it

@Arti behave yoursen man lol I'd be tempted for a lass to learn but think we'd just end up cleaning back of van up alot :RpS_lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
We could run a tpf sweepstake on him maybe get the sponsers on board!!!!!:RpS_thumbsup:

If ok il start the ball rolling

July 3rd 2014

The last youngin said that the s*p*r*lex stung his ass more than the nela. But be the tang

New update. Lost youngin No 4 on Tuessday. Text me Monday evening that he couldn't afford the bus fare to get to mine and wasn't coming into work....ffs. Think I give up now on the youth of today

New update. Lost youngin No 4 on Tuessday. Text me Monday evening that he couldn't afford the bus fare to get to mine and wasn't coming into work....ffs. Think I give up now on the youth of today

Haha you sounds like a bigger c**t than me!!!

Keep at it just for entertainment value!

You getting them from a college or something?

A local training company. That's 4 in 6 weeks. I'm not even cracking the whip either 7 days is there limit and they rap in

he needs a couple of stitches to tighten him up....................if you know what i mean...................:RpS_wink:

:RpS_scared::RpS_scared: ................... :RpS_lol: ........... big boy, nothing like blowing your own trumpet

A local training company. That's 4 in 6 weeks. I'm not even cracking the whip either 7 days is there limit and they rap in

hi arti
why you try taking 1 on from your nearest cat D open prison - it cant be worst than you've had and you might learn some new tricks, :RpS_scared::RpS_lol:

Ha just started a fella on Wednesday, who had just done a years course, beyond ******* useless, couldn't even mix up a bucket of muck, had to teach him like he'd never done labouring before let alone plastering. Like @Arti didn't crack the whip or nowt but he didn't turn up today

Last edited by a moderator:
It's surprising how watching them try to sweep up with one hand seems to incite an instant rage that I find unnerving

Was supposed to pick new labourer up at 8:15 this morning. No sign of him at 8:20 so drove off. No phone call. Wasn't exactly early.

Was supposed to pick new labourer up at 8:15 this morning. No sign of him at 8:20 so drove off. No phone call. Wasn't exactly early.

Thats how i lost youngin no 2...............he was late.........................so left him

This week I had one of the neighbours in our street ask me if i had ever thought of taking on an apprentice (his son is about to leave school :rolleyes)) I said yes i had thought about it and if i could find one that got out of bed by them self every morning didn't mind leaving their mobile phone at home and were actually prepared to put in a descent days work 5 days a week for a couple of years on poor money while they were learning then, I would give them a chance no problem. his reply oh oh well er good luck with that then :RpS_laugh:

The last proper apprentice I had who I sent to college I had to let him go after plenty of warning and he said no probs I've already got a start with another plasterer. I got a call about four weeks later off his dad saying I know your quiet but when's my lad back In? Lol I felt sorry for him when i told him he had another job I let him go weeks ago lol this is the same lad who also te me he had transport ie a moped so got the job. After four weeks of his bike being In The garage he held his hands up lol but got the job. He is still plastering to this day so was determined and we get on great. The other problem you have is if you do find someone who is spot on and keen he isn't stupid and wants his own eventually then sets up. A lot of the time they leave too early and struggle rather than stick it out for a few years but that's the nature of the beast :)

This week I had one of the neighbours in our street ask me if i had ever thought of taking on an apprentice (his son is about to leave school :rolleyes)) I said yes i had thought about it and if i could find one that got out of bed by them self every morning didn't mind leaving their mobile phone at home and were actually prepared to put in a descent days work 5 days a week for a couple of years on poor money while they were learning then, I would give them a chance no problem. his reply oh oh well er good luck with that then :RpS_laugh:

Ha classic!!

Think getting someone who will eventually want to leave is a good thing compared to someone without a brain. At least they will want to learn and take it seriously.

Think getting someone who will eventually want to leave is a good thing compared to someone without a brain. At least they will want to learn and take it seriously.

Until they steal your contacts and start undercutting you on jobs.

Yep training your competition is the problem which is why I think the government should pay all their wages for four years which might sound mad but they are paying some for doing nothing.

It's surprising how watching them try to sweep up with one hand seems to incite an instant rage that I find unnerving

chill out arti - if you follow your dream -----------you need patience :RpS_scared::RpS_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.