Garden shed

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joet

Looking to get a 10x6 shed for storage purposes. Has anyone claimed tax as work storage or something along those lines?

If you use it solely for work stuff , 100 percent , other wise its on a percentage of how much would be / is used for work :)

Of course it will be for work stuff, what plaster would be without a lawn mower, garden shears, plant pots, cutting of carpets and the other 2548 things we store in our sheds

Hmm, not wanting to llok like I am ignoring.. but its late so very briefly... that is a very tricky one because, it being a garden shed it could have a dual purpose. I know if you rent lock up garages to store equipment that can be used.

Let me ask and come back tomorrow.

Where I live a garden shed is like a buy to let. Well you let it out and bye bye to neighbourhood my freind.
No declare to taxing man boss, but free Freeview :RpS_thumbup:

Morning!

Yes, as I said last night, although you could argue that it is to lock tools away, HMRC could well not accept it.

Mind you, I guess if you can totally prove that all you keep in there is work tools... I think you'd have to really cram it with tools and leave no spaces for anything else, and take photos... but spaces would indicate a mower is usually there...

As a sole trader or self employed you'd probably have more chance of getting it accepted and as mentioned by @CTPlastering, a % could probably be negotiated - after all, you're not allowed (for insurance) to leave tools in vehicles overnight, so they have to go somewhere.

Your accountant should be able to sort this out for you. If you don't have one (eyes glint!) why not call us for some advice anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:
Our sole trader prices are £199.99 (+ vat) for each years' tax return we do. Our sole trader page gives more info... and we certainly look forward to working with you! Good luck with your course :).

As a sole trader, once you're established, I would think you'd be doing your tax return towards the end of January (for that year) as you would hopefully be making a nice profit but have to pay tax.

In your first years, there's a break even or loss, so can be done sooner, to get it out of the way. As always, call for advice - it's free!

Thanks for the advice. My mrs is actually an management accountant, so although is good for doing the majority of the work she doesn't have much experience in sole traders and what with month end she isn't around to hassle (bliss) but I have a few queries that I need to ask hmrc so will add this to the list.

Our sole trader prices are £199.99 (+ vat) for each years' tax return we do. Our sole trader page gives more info... and we certainly look forward to working with you! Good luck with your course :).

As a sole trader, once you're established, I would think you'd be doing your tax return towards the end of January (for that year) as you would hopefully be making a nice profit but have to pay tax.

In your first years, there's a break even or loss, so can be done sooner, to get it out of the way. As always, call for advice - it's free!

I need a new accountant and someone to sort my tax out....As bit up in the air at the moment....

Mine used to claim £3 per week tool storage for garage. Not sure what he claims now. Hopefully its increased.

Status
Not open for further replies.