Garage Conversion - Need advice Monocouche

Members online

No members online now.

hdy

Hi
I am planning on getting my garage conversion. We want to change the size of the opening of the garage so it will have blocks underneath and to the left of where the window would go. This would involve the current lintel being removed above the garage and replaced with a smaller one.

Can you take the bead off so we don't see a bead in the middle of the wall? - If not is there a way to hide the bead
Can you blend in monocouche?
Would it be better to just fill the whole garage opening with a window and block & monocouche underneath? - Doing this though, how would you hide the bead so there aren't 2 bead'lines' going down underneath the window?

Anyone with experience of what would be best would be very helpful!

IMG_20200602_123622.jpg
IMG_20200602_123635.jpg

I like your thinking about the detail.
Sometimes you can’t have everything and the details you worry about early in a job sometimes are completely done away with as the job evolves. I’d set everything within that opening back an inch and make a feature of it being a garage conversion and leave the lintel as is but then that little weep vent left of the soldiers does my head in and the holes are filled in so I’d want to hack the whole front off just because of that.