Gaps under window

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

elvis90

Alright lads.

The guy that was in the house before us was a bit of a cowboy and, among other things, has managed to ruin some wall under the window.

IMG-20120416-00311.jpg

I've done some very basic plastering at college in a painting and decorating course and plan on filling it up.

What is the best stuff to use to fill it? Probably a silly question..

Cheers.

I would use bonding to fill out then either skim the patch(if your papering) or if you are planing to paint then skim the whole lot.

is that a signed iniesta top in the pic?

Right cheers guys.

Nah mate its not signed. Room getting done soon so just got a few old tops up covering the depressing walls.

first thing i would do is get rid of that wannk shirt then use some bonding to fill it then skim it, failing that get a plasterer round, where you live lol

i would use sand and cement personally, just in case there are any moisture issues below that window, assuming it's and older property with solid walls, or could use limelite/dri-coat

Alright lads.

The guy that was in the house before us was a bit of a cowboy and, among other things, has managed to ruin some wall under the window.

View attachment 897

I've done some very basic plastering at college in a painting and decorating course and plan on filling it up.

What is the best stuff to use to fill it? Probably a silly question..

Cheers.

I agree with you Elvis90 it was indeed a silly question, your college course hasn't helped it seems, did the bloke who lived in your place wear a poncho and look at people suspiciously whilst smoking a cigar, if so that's why he let you have it.

If you look at the pik guys it's kinder hard to see but seems to be sand cement or dri-coat underneath, an I wouldn't want to buy a bag of bonding just for that fill it with plaster scrim around where it joins with the existing an plaster the wall

Status
Not open for further replies.