gaps between plasterboard

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

herds

Unfortunately as my house doesn't appear to have any plumb walls or 45's i've a few gaps between the each piece of plaserboard only around 5mm at the biggest point and a few bits around the edges that need filling.

Can a bit of bonding then scrim tape fill the gaps? or is best to use easifill? or some other flexible filler?

Cheers my dears.

You'll be able to get away with 5mm gaps. Scrim and skim making sure you fill the gaps with the first coat. You'll be surprised how sturdy it becomes afterwards :)

Scrim first, add some bonding or a bit of finish, brush it in and let it go off before applying your skim coats :RpS_thumbup:

cool... cheers, saves me a tenner on the sexy bag of easifill i've been eyeing up for a few weeks

I know dry liners in the game for years and leave gaps, shows you're inexperience little skimmer person

There's nothing wrong with leaving a few gaps. I wouldn't even be concerned with 5mm gaps because you can even skim over gaps that are 10mm without any problems.

cheers men.

tried easifill for the first time today and now think... why the F did i ever by those rip off polyfiller nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.