Gable wall part timber frame part block work 7n

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

johniosaif

Private Member
The plan is to use render board on to the ply ,mesh,weber lac etc and 1 mm bucket coat,
the blockwork on one side is my query,I could fix board to it also and mesh it too,
plan b would be ribbed lath over the ply and render it all, I have to render a decent sized area on the site anyway and the scaffold is beyond difficult so sand and cement is easier for me to divide with stop beads or movement beads..

you're quite right do not dot & dab then skim it will not work, the ripples will show too much in the winter sun:RpS_tongue:

Can you not render the brickwork ,then 1 mm bucket coat over that to match up with the rest ?

Can you not render the brickwork ,then 1 mm bucket coat over that to match up with the rest ?
Wondered about the thickness ,the joint and the matching , the render is to be smooth render,painted white, I was going to use ocr but the scaffold is bad and I can't get a one hit finish on,

The plan is to use render board on to the ply ,mesh,weber lac etc and 1 mm bucket coat,
the blockwork on one side is my query,I could fix board to it also and mesh it too,
plan b would be ribbed lath over the ply and render it all, I have to render a decent sized area on the site anyway and the scaffold is beyond difficult so sand and cement is easier for me to divide with stop beads or movement beads..

Try and avoid using any thin coat system especially weber in the winter john as it's a pain in the a s s with drying times.a lot of messing around if the area is small

Try and avoid using any thin coat system especially weber in the winter john as it's a pain in the a s s with drying times.a lot of messing around if the area is small
Quite mild here at the min but that can change fast.

stick with the S&C it's what you know best buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.