Gable end.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
On August the 1st I've got a pretty big job to do. Have to remove external gable end wall leaving inner skin as the house hasn't got wall ties ???. Rebuild and tie in with dence Blocks and then scratch and dash! No problem with the block work but when it comes to dashing it there is only two of us! That means mixing, loading scaffold, layin on and chuckin the chippings! Whats best way to do it? Scratch coat isn't an issue but when we butter coat should i just lay on infront of my mate who can follow me dashing and also get him to mix and load up inbetween! Fackin nightmare job with no labourer! or is there an easy way of doing it in sections? :-* they Give us 5 Days to do the hole job :mad:!!!!!!!!!

No mate, Forgot to metion why we are doing it. The hole top half of the gable has pulled away at a dangerous angle. Scared it'll go as soon as we start dismanteling it!!

Just get organised , find out if the sun is on the gable morning or afternoon that will help ,get the stone on the scaffold in buckets ready use ,buy a descent waterproofer and gauge it into the scratch coat give it a light spray with water before you start top coating , you have all the time in the world if you are organised ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.