fuuck the hangovers

Mate it’s nothing personal trust me but Plastering prices need to increase weather its m2 rate or day rate, they need to be driven up because it’s total b*ll***s what a spread earns compared to other trades that are standing around with their fingers up their arses! f**k me you’re even frowned upon now if you want to charge for a labourer! How the f**k did that happen to our trade! Probably some dopey c**t saying I’ll knock it up myself for less money!! Then everyone is expected to do the same!!

theres loads of so called business men and woman running plastering/drylining firms in the north west mate.
never held a trowel in their lives.
makes you sick knowing their creaming all the money off lads livelyhoods.
years of grafting to hand over your skills to sales man in a suit.
it has gone to shiit (y)

Youre pretty much spot on there mate and yep the first thing they say to you is....youll have to mix for yourself..... The brickies p.ss themselves laughing

Youre pretty much spot on there mate and yep the first thing they say to you is....youll have to mix for yourself..... The brickies p.ss themselves laughing
It’s b*ll***s ain’t it! I started off as a plasterers labourer and back then you was even respected by all the tradesmen because they knew how tough you’re job was. I was really proud to call myself a plasterers labourer, nearly unheard of anymore. Every honest trade will agree that Plastering is the hardest of all trades so EVERY spread should have a labourer imo that is the way it should be!!

brickies with gangs in the north west are pushing to make a grand a week in 6 days.
my brother asked the plumber to fix a tap on the outside of his house.
ye no probs £50.
my brother bought the biggest type house on the site 3 storey 5 bed on the sea front.
a week later no plumber.
my brother asked him wheres the tap.
plumber said its gone up to £100.
my brother asked why.
plumber said because your on £1100 in 4 days thats twice my wage.
my brother told him to f**k off then.

brickies with gangs in the north west are pushing to make a grand a week in 6 days.
my brother asked the plumber to fix a tap on the outside of his house.
ye no probs £50.
my brother bought the biggest type house on the site 3 storey 5 bed on the sea front.
a week later no plumber.
my brother asked him wheres the tap.
plumber said its gone up to £100.
my brother asked why.
plumber said because your on £1100 in 4 days thats twice my wage.
my brother told him to f**k off then.

The truth is we all have contributed for the situation we are at the moment. Whether was a need, show off, proud...etc that made us earning all the money we did and still do , definitely brought us where we are at the moment. That's generations , not only us . Guys on the job I am at the moment are turning 4-£500 a day and that's for a site job is way ver the top, considering day rate is around £150-160. Algee is not the only machine ou there . Years ago we got our price reduced cos f the c**ts in the office,who couldn't believe a plasterer can make more money, ridiculous more, than them. We walked away, but this hasn't change anything in long term. It was a matter of principles.We are the bottom sweepers in this game I am afraid ,and have to decide for ourselves what's good and what not. For me- my time chucking 100m2+ a day are in the past and even if I can , I won't d it, cos I was earning this money for far less and I think is complete piss taking tbh. Saying all that, I can't put any criticism forward the guys who wants to do it, it's not team game and everyone decides for him self .And no- we can't change the price , it's up to the greedy c**ts n the top , but what we can do is get on with our lives- ne way or another.

In theory the price can be changed, if no one takes s**t prices anymore, they will have to up them. But realistically, someone will do it anyways. Over here in the recession, the little work that did go about was undercut like f**k and plasterers, brickys and to a lesser extend joiners got the worstnif of it. Plumber and spark wages didnt change much, to my knowledge.i know a joiner on price fitting out apartments for 250quid, hanging all doors skirtings etc. Our wages went to less than what yous would pay a lab. Thankfully its on the way up but still rightly behind rest mainland uk and down round dublin.

strange how of all the trades ive never known plumbers or sparks ever undersell themselves.......

i done a full refurb on my house when i bought it ....full rewire ..re plumbed new boiler ..new kitchen. tiled kitchen hallway floors....builders in ripping out chimneys bricking back up steels put in new walls built etc etc....i plastered it.
i would of without a doubt have been the most expensive.
i think other trades are full of shiit when they brag about money....especially on new build.

the highest paid trade ive seen in the northwest are the kitchen fitters.
a morris home site i was on the lads were getting £480 for the bigger type kitchens.
on their own they were fitting them in a day ...onsite at 7 and he told me he'd be there to 9 oclock.
but only fit enough to do 3 a week.
he said no point in 2 men doing them as 1 man would be stood watching all day.
some sundays i had to go in to just to skim the kitchen ..was worth about £130/£150 ....but morris would pay me an extra £100 to get it done.
only happened every now and then but i was paid nearly £250 for 3 hours work.
glad that site is in the past the programm was ruthless.

Probably some dopey c**t saying I’ll knock it up myself for less money!! Then everyone is expected to do the same!!

Or some c**t like Zombie doing 1 coat to be faster than everyone else thus dropping the price then moaning about the price being driven down?

I'll get the popcorn..

In theory the price can be changed, if no one takes s**t prices anymore, they will have to up them. But realistically, someone will do it anyways. Over here in the recession, the little work that did go about was undercut like f**k and plasterers, brickys and to a lesser extend joiners got the worstnif of it. Plumber and spark wages didnt change much, to my knowledge.i know a joiner on price fitting out apartments for 250quid, hanging all doors skirtings etc. Our wages went to less than what yous would pay a lab. Thankfully its on the way up but still rightly behind rest mainland uk and down round dublin.
im sorry to hear that mate,hope it is on its way back there..on a note to cheer you up last night over a scoop or two with the lads they told me about their boss who joined them to show them how easy it is to skim a small wall..using his dads very precious tiny mt he played with a patch under a window until it sagged and fell out...he immediately lost it and bounced the trowel off every wall...They closed the door and left him to it....Now this trowel had enjoyed a legendary status....you couldn't even breathe near it apparently....One of them put its remaints onto the bar..looked like it had been run over..lol..Seems he hasn't spoken to anyone since either....

Aye mate, its on the way back, its roughly back to where it was before the crash, although ten years of inflation means it doesnt go as far as what it did then, but its goin the right direction at long last. And that is class. Mind mates shovel broke on the jon and he was (rightly) ragin, not his job to supply tools. We buried it and put up a cross to mark where we buried it. He went bonkers. We all laughed. Good times. Lol

Can't take the pride out then expect top dolla.

It's funny as alot of spreads call them self lowest of low on site etc, andyg for example.

But on domestic I've had endless compliments and respect from customers about the trade being highly skilled/black art etc. I've had two very wealthy blokes father and son sit and watch me skim in ore. He said its a joy to watch. I said it's not a joy to do. He said yeah but out of us 3 you're the only one who can do it. (These two did much of their own worl)

Also had customers tell me they feel
Robbed after paying sparks and gas thousands for 2 half days. But with plastering they see they really are paying for a skil and transformation.

Two years ago I worked with a friend of mine on site. He was fitting doors and earning between 7-800 a day. I told him what happened to me years ago , but he just ignored my advice. Week one invoice went through and two days later price was reduced almost twice. He packed his tools and went home.
On the site I am at the moment the guy who is micoating the apartments gets£90 and does at least6 -7in a day. Told him to slow down or they will cut the price. He was laughing and said I need the money. Week two- he found me and started complaining , price went down to £60. So, the point I am trying to make here is we don’t have to kill ourself for the day or week ahead! We need to think long term and put ourselves on the other side for a moment! Nice and steady, without burning ourselves out.

Two years ago I worked with a friend of mine on site. He was fitting doors and earning between 7-800 a day. I told him what happened to me years ago , but he just ignored my advice. Week one invoice went through and two days later price was reduced almost twice. He packed his tools and went home.
On the site I am at the moment the guy who is micoating the apartments gets£90 and does 6 in a day. Told him to slow down or they will cut the price. He was laughing and said I need the money. Week two- he found me and started complaining , price went down to £60. So, the point I am trying to make here is we don’t have to kill ourself for the day or week ahead! We need to think long term and put ourselves on the other side for a moment! Nice and steady, without burning ourselves out.

On the flipside they'll just drop u on head . Ur replaced before u get out the door.. pun

think ive over done it on the coffee this morning .....i could type all fuucking day .....ahhhh its sunday for fuucks sake.:sorprendido3::sorprendido3::sorprendido3:
It's Sunday mate, remember you allowed a few beers x

Attachments

• IMG_20180722_123821.jpg
    IMG_20180722_123821.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 137
looking good sir nice legs:love:
going out for meal at 3 family over from ireland x
have you ever been fishing ??
dont know what rod n tackle to buy lol
Never got into fishing, only ever gone for a laugh and to get pissed therefore I cannot give you advice

Mate it’s nothing personal trust me but Plastering prices need to increase weather its m2 rate or day rate, they need to be driven up because it’s total b*ll***s what a spread earns compared to other trades that are standing around with their fingers up their arses! f**k me you’re even frowned upon now if you want to charge for a labourer! How the f**k did that happen to our trade! Probably some dopey c**t saying I’ll knock it up myself for less money!! Then everyone is expected to do the same!!
Exactly. Doing loads of metres and not having a labourer have become the norm.
I can remember the very first time my old man left me to work on site on my own. He said, "if you can do the equivalent of floating and setting a ten by ten room in a day you'll make good money".
On the site I am at the moment the guy who is micoating the apartments gets£90 and does at least6 -7in a day. Told him to slow down or they will cut the price. He was laughing and said I need the money. Week two- he found me and started complaining , price went down to £60. So, the point I am trying to make here is we don’t have to kill ourself for the day or week ahead! We need to think long term and put ourselves on the other side for a moment! Nice and steady, without burning ourselves out.
Exactly!
A lot of guys don't realise how much notice those near the top take of what the normal tradesmen are earning.
Prices aren't dictated by the slowest, lowest earners in a trade but by the fastest, highest earners.
I've been there where you turn up to do a house and the price has been dropped since the last one. So we just worked harder, got the house done quicker and earned the same. Next house, price dropped again, and again the one after, then I realised that we were just cutting our own throats and told them we wouldn't be coming back. They said "but you're still earning good money" and I replied "but we're having to work our nuts off to earn the same money, and we're not doing it anymore".
What I've just recounted, although a personal experience, is exactly what the trade as a whole has done to itself.
I don't blame @algeeman or anyone like him personally, and I hope that it doesn't come across that I do, but while there are guys (and @JessThePlasterer ) willing to smash massive metres out week after week, year after year, rates won't go up as they should.

Exactly. Doing loads of metres and not having a labourer have become the norm.
I can remember the very first time my old man left me to work on site on my own. He said, "if you can do the equivalent of floating and setting a ten by ten room in a day you'll make good money".

Exactly!
A lot of guys don't realise how much notice those near the top take of what the normal tradesmen are earning.
Prices aren't dictated by the slowest, lowest earners in a trade but by the fastest, highest earners.
I've been there where you turn up to do a house and the price has been dropped since the last one. So we just worked harder, got the house done quicker and earned the same. Next house, price dropped again, and again the one after, then I realised that we were just cutting our own throats and told them we wouldn't be coming back. They said "but you're still earning good money" and I replied "but we're having to work our nuts off to earn the same money, and we're not doing it anymore".
What I've just recounted, although a personal experience, is exactly what the trade as a whole has done to itself.
I don't blame @algeeman or anyone like him personally, and I hope that it doesn't come across that I do, but while there are guys (and @JessThePlasterer ) willing to smash massive metres out week after week, year after year, rates won't go up as they should.
Fair point, we floated 2houses for a subby, but only had time to skim one in between jobs, so they got another squad in to skim the other one, the donuts skimmed it in 2days, our boss was ragin as it would have reduced his bargaining power for what he was lookin as the contractor would have said sure they skimmed it in 2days....that squad does that everywhere hogs on and tries to undercut people and steal their work, karma will get em eventually lol

Fair point, we floated 2houses for a subby, but only had time to skim one in between jobs, so they got another squad in to skim the other one, the donuts skimmed it in 2days, our boss was ragin as it would have reduced his bargaining power for what he was lookin as the contractor would have said sure they skimmed it in 2days....that squad does that everywhere hogs on and tries to undercut people and steal their work, karma will get em eventually lol
At the end of the f**k**g day a thick plasterer would skim far 50p a meter . The contracter would give a peice of dog s**t more repect

theres loads of so called business men and woman running plastering/drylining firms in the north west mate.
never held a trowel in their lives.
makes you sick knowing their creaming all the money off lads livelyhoods.
years of grafting to hand over your skills to sales man in a suit.
it has gone to shiit (y)
Thick plastering c**ts would make 50p a meter look good . I am sure when firms give you the price they laugth they f**k**g head off when back at office

Can't take the pride out then expect top dolla.

It's funny as alot of spreads call them self lowest of low on site etc, andyg for example.

But on domestic I've had endless compliments and respect from customers about the trade being highly skilled/black art etc. I've had two very wealthy blokes father and son sit and watch me skim in ore. He said its a joy to watch. I said it's not a joy to do. He said yeah but out of us 3 you're the only one who can do it. (These two did much of their own worl)

Also had customers tell me they feel
Robbed after paying sparks and gas thousands for 2 half days. But with plastering they see they really are paying for a skil and transformation.
You are a man after my heart. Good man andyg (as u were)

It’s b*ll***s ain’t it! I started off as a plasterers labourer and back then you was even respected by all the tradesmen because they knew how tough you’re job was. I was really proud to call myself a plasterers labourer, nearly unheard of anymore. Every honest trade will agree that Plastering is the hardest of all trades so EVERY spread should have a labourer imo that is the way it should be!!
Your f**k**g drill is your lab you cant