fuuck the hangovers

Members online

thats a decent hit algee ! I used to do 3 bags at a time and found it f**k**g hard, couldn't manage the suction! The boards on site are like oven plates! Doing the ceiling on the stilts I can literally feel the heat on my face , walls are the same and for some reason the bags are hot as well! f**k knows what is going on! Had to reduce the hits to 2 bags and 70-80m2 is a f**k**g challenge tbh, 40 mins from mixing to stone hard!

thats a decent hit algee ! I used to do 3 bags at a time and found it f**k**g hard, couldn't manage the suction! The boards on site are like oven plates! Doing the ceiling on the stilts I can literally feel the heat on my face , walls are the same and for some reason the bags are hot as well! f**k knows what is going on! Had to reduce the hits to 2 bags and 70-80m2 is a f**k**g challenge tbh, 40 mins from mixing to stone hard!

i seem to have more aches and pains sat here crumpled up on the playstation lol

Noticed that lately on board, got sunburn off the gear on ceiling

So how much gear is in that bin and how many hits of that size do you do in a day?
I used to get to about 90sqm. of ceilings done a day and no one around me ever seemed to get more done than me but I must have been like a snail compared to you.

What's all this 'day', paleface?

That's what @algeeman has done with his hangover, which has lasted all week.

And he didn't even get the reveals done.

i think were about 120/130m in them 2 hits....iwas gonna do another little 1 but had to be back for the cinema ....mother in law has gone instead thank god !!
andy if i was to do 60m of boarding ceilings it would destroy me.
floating and skimming i find a doddle.
I meant I used to skim 90sqm of ceilings a day! You are a machine mate.

Noticed that lately on board, got sunburn off the gear on ceiling
My best explanation is the heat that the building accumulates during the day is released through the walls and ceiling and it makes it a nightmare to skim.Had to switch back to two coats. The quality standards are so f**k**g high- £700k-1 mil for the apartments .

Well I can honestly say after this week I’m thinking I’d like to go site full time, don’t know if I’m having mid life crisis or something but truly out of character I’ve absolutely had enough of my normal bump and grind domestic crap hole jobs.

Whilst ever house builders can find people like yourself prepared to cover silly amounts in a day then plastering rates on sites will never increase.

good morning mate.
the gangs i know knocking houses out in a day board/dab or skim are on a higher rate.
anyone who puts the time and effort in to better themselves and their family
is doing nothing wrong.
its the greedy f**k**s undercutting the price of the sites that keeps the prices down.
ive known firms loose thier sites when their top teams have left.
banks house builders shareholders all are greedy wankers...who want more than the need.
if i dont stick to a certain deadline for a plot the next day theres another gang in it.
prices go up and down due to how busy the area you are in is busy or not.

good morning mate.
the gangs i know knocking houses out in a day board/dab or skim are on a higher rate.
is doing nothing wrong.
its the greedy f**k**s undercutting the price of the sites that keeps the prices down.
banks house builders shareholders all are greedy wankers...who want more than the need.
if i dont stick to a certain deadline for a plot the next day theres another gang in it.

Couldn't have said it better.

It's like telling tyson to hit a bit softer because it isn't fair on the others

If you can't make money in your own trade might aswell go drive a bus.

f**k all to do with what @algeeman does in a day he isn't on day rate

1 man x 100sqm cost company £x

3 man x 100sqm cost company £x

Well I can honestly say after this week I’m thinking I’d like to go site full time, don’t know if I’m having mid life crisis or something but truly out of character I’ve absolutely had enough of my normal bump and grind domestic crap hole jobs.

Take a week off mate. From what I see site spread is brutal. I've mastered domestic work and can comfortably kock out a room with prep in a day £400/£500 home by 3.

Slowing down a biT now though spreading (pun) the work out a bit

good morning mate.
is doing nothing wrong.

I'm not knocking you mate...we all have to do what we have to do...

The point I'm making is that the job shouldn't have to be so brutal to make a living.

Other trades wouldn't accept it yet collectively we make a rod for our own backs.

I have spreads that won't work for me as they believe I ask to much much from them for the money, yet my argument is that I don't ask them to do anymore than i do.

Were all different on what we find comfortable but believe me 1 day you will wake up and suddenly can't push those metres out and will be replaced by the next young gun.

The point I'm making is that the job shouldn't have to be so brutal to make a living.

Other trades wouldn't accept it yet collectively we make a rod for our own backs.

I have spreads that won't work for me as they believe I ask to much much from them for the money, yet my argument is that I don't ask them to do anymore than i do.

Were all different on what we find comfortable but believe me 1 day you will wake up and suddenly can't push those metres out and will be replaced by the next young gun.

i could drop down to 90m like andy but id be stood around all day lol
i know your not having a dig mate.
house building is like any other business its all about numbers wether its songs selling cars or crack cocaine....the more they sell the better.
were all just a number mate (y)

It was the same with the generation before .....and before..... Unfortunately it’s not up to us to dictate the game

It is plastering contractors dont dictate the price its the main contractors and all this b*ll***s about other trades wouldnt stand for it crap aswell

its a strange set up in the north west @Gibbo and @essexandy.
i was skimming on a site last year in blackburn from the start ...a few months in the site slowed down.
i said id go for another firm for a week or 2 till it picked back up again.
an hour later i got a call saying bryan (contracts manager) has released a few small plots on a blackpool site for me to stay on with them.
when i asked for a bit more on the metre because there shitty little plots i was told that he doesnt really need them its only to keep me busy.
i thought ive no hope in the north west.

its a strange set up in the north west @Gibbo and @essexandy.
i was skimming on a site last year in blackburn from the start ...a few months in the site slowed down.
i said id go for another firm for a week or 2 till it picked back up again.
an hour later i got a call saying bryan (contracts manager) has released a few small plots on a blackpool site for me to stay on with them.
when i asked for a bit more on the metre because there shitty little plots i was told that he doesnt really need them its only to keep me busy.
i thought ive no hope in the north west.
So are you doing them direct for the developer?

theres plenty of 2and 1 gangs out there who are capable of skimming this everyday leave it rough and are still kept busy.
Mate it’s nothing personal trust me but Plastering prices need to increase weather its m2 rate or day rate, they need to be driven up because it’s total b*ll***s what a spread earns compared to other trades that are standing around with their fingers up their arses! f**k me you’re even frowned upon now if you want to charge for a labourer! How the f**k did that happen to our trade! Probably some dopey c**t saying I’ll knock it up myself for less money!! Then everyone is expected to do the same!!