Funny customers and prices

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

windy

Private Member
No lads this isn't a prices rant but some customers are mad

quoted to board and skim a ceiling the other day roughly 9sm. With me supplying materials

priced at xxxx and never job the job

phone gones yesterday some bloke been let down by someone else etc

needs an area 0.8 m wide and 10cm high bonded and skimming under widow cill. Tiny job.

priced it at roughly 75% of ceiling price as I was feelin cheeky

he said sound come tommorow... Just finished job and he gave me a £10 tip...

wtf?
customers all weird

years back had a woman who wanted a lounge/ diner re-spray , went round to quote at agreed time , no one in , went round second time to quote, same thing no one home , finally met this woman gave her a quote to which she agreed , work to start in just over a weeks time , went round to start on the agreed day and she had all ready had it done , said " sorry i couldnt wait a week " so me and my mate looked at each other and laughed , there was loads of work around back then so we just walked off ......

Once quoted for a job, small part of a refurb and was told I was to dear, OK says I and walks off, customer wanted to know if I wasn't going to compete, no was the answer and jumps in my van. So called plasterer who did it made a mess and they wanted me to go back and sort it out and quote for rest of the job, guess what I never went back, cheeky sods.

Got a job the other week, priced up the 1st floor to install cornice in all rooms, with possibly the downstairs to be done and 2 rooms in the hours next door aswell.

Gave him the prices for 1st floor and he knocked me down a couple hundred quid, So i did the job and all good. Comes to pay and He said would it be cheaper for cash! already knocked me down so i said no.

Asked me to measure up for 2 other rooms, to which i did and priced for him at the cheaper £per ft rate. asks me if i would do it even cheaper. Said no. Leaves it with him.

About an hour later i get a notification for an online job site...same postcode as him asking for a price to fit coving to 2rooms...

aint heard from him yet...
he was pleased with the work, and happy with the price. so why change his tune now? ah well, good luck to him anyway. :RpS_thumbup:

mike I find the rule of thumb is if you got knocked down the first time. second time round make it expensive so they can knock you down to the price you wanted originally

Airborne been doin the odd domestic for years mate... Me and my mate do tiling/plastering bathroom refits...

I looked at a job Wednesday, strip a bedroom of wallpaper and panelling, plaster bottom half of room, fit dado rail, decorate throughout, gave the bloke my price and he told me it was too high and duration too long, he told me he was expecting 3days and under £500.. So told him where to go.

mike I find the rule of thumb is if you got knocked down the first time. second time round make it expensive so they can knock you down to the price you wanted originally

im priced per ft, so it wouldnt have been hard for him to work it out it was more expensive and most likely deffo walk away then.
oi figured by already doing him the favour of reducing it he'd jump on it, Ah well.

gave up drinking stella my wife used to get black eyes when i drank it:RpS_confused: and the bed was wet every morning :RpS_confused:

I had a customer a few years back we plastered out the ground floor then she wanted me to rip out a rear gf pvc window and lower the sill from 4ft to 2ft from the ground and fit new bottom push out window just so her cat didnt have to jump up so high to get in and out !

I explained that her cat was more than able to get in the existing window but she was adamant and we did the job. Every time i asked her a question she would say she`d have to go upstairs and ask her mother n father before answering, i could hear here chattering away up there and eventually she came down with an answer. last day on job we were packing up and got chatting to couple of neighbours who told me her mother n father died about 10 years ago !

Maybe she's still claiming their pensions :RpS_unsure:

Did 'they' wave out of the window at you when you were leaving? :-0

just wasted a sunday morning going out to manc chester to price a job. hundred and twenty mile round trip. was recommended by someone at his workplace who lived local to me. explained to him on phone i don't usually work that far out but would have a look. but that i'd have to add a bit extra for the travel time and expense. it was simple two day job. said i'd have to do it over a weekend, though, to get an early start and make sure it was done in two days. so said i would have to add 150 to the usual price because of the extra fuel(360 miles) and the weekend work. that's when he started umming and erring. said i'd done his mate's for such and such a price etc. that he was happy for me to do it on a weekday etc. unfuckingbelievable. twisting my melon, man. just left him thinking it over in the end. if he phones me now i won't do it anyway. :RpS_mad:

it does n,t matter whether we price in metric or imperial - the most important thing is that both you and the customer are happy with the price- us with the wad of wonger and the customer with a good end product, he thinks hes got it done cheap...... reverse phycology:RpS_thumbsup:

just wasted a sunday morning going out to manc chester to price a job. hundred and twenty mile round trip. was recommended by someone at his workplace who lived local to me. explained to him on phone i don't usually work that far out but would have a look. but that i'd have to add a bit extra for the travel time and expense. it was simple two day job. said i'd have to do it over a weekend, though, to get an early start and make sure it was done in two days. so said i would have to add 150 to the usual price because of the extra fuel(360 miles) and the weekend work. that's when he started umming and erring. said i'd done his mate's for such and such a price etc. that he was happy for me to do it on a weekday etc. unfuckingbelievable. twisting my melon, man. just left him thinking it over in the end. if he phones me now i won't do it anyway. :RpS_mad:

i think you dropped a boolock saying extra for working weekend mate,. petrol money and travel is ok, but cant really charge extra for working sat/sun... fuk him anyway..

had some woman phone me today. asked if i had a minute or two to speak. was going to hang up at first thinking it was a sales call. but it was a customer. said she was confused and could i help. shed had two plasterers out for a quote on a bedroom. one outfit was two men and said the job would take two days. the other outfit was two men and said it would take only one day. could i explain why :RpS_confused: like i have nothing better to do. she didnt even want a quote off me. at first. just an answer. wtf

had some woman phone me today. asked if i had a minute or two to speak. was going to hang up at first thinking it was a sales call. but it was a customer. said she was confused and could i help. shed had two plasterers out for a quote on a bedroom. one outfit was two men and said the job would take two days. the other outfit was two men and said it would take only one day. could i explain why :RpS_confused: like i have nothing better to do. she didnt even want a quote off me. at first. just an answer. wtf

theres no end of cheeky f**k**s these days...I think since the recession the worlds gone mad could loose a job round our way over last couple of yrs over a tenner!!!! feck em all!!!!

Younger customers I try to avoid. Always try to tell me how long they think the job should take and then shop around for the cheapest quote and then want the job done like yesterday.

yeah it was a bit cheeky. had to talk myself into quoting on it. felt like telling her to ask the other fcukers why. how the hell would i know. then the place i was working at the customer starts going on about how hot it is, how she could watch me plaster all day, it was like an art etc. next thing i know shes there with a coffee and shes changed into a skimpy pair of denim shorts and a see through tshirt and doused herself in perfume :razz:

I went to price a job once ,and the bird was mega fit, long blond hair super sexy, she made me ill, so anyhoooooo where was I , oh yes so I said to myself nobody but nobody is going to get this job , put a stupid ridiculous price in just to get it, and I still got beat on the price, still having therapy for it

i think you dropped a boolock saying extra for working weekend mate,. petrol money and travel is ok, but cant really charge extra for working sat/sun... fuk him anyway..

depends if they want u there on the week end or if ur busy and want to work it your self .......

i worked for some south african a few years back. a woman. gorgeous. she kept calling me back all the time for stuff that didnt need doing. lovly mazda convertible, motorbike. but she had loads of cats all over the fukcing place. and her boyfreind in Joburg had died in a motorcycle accident. it was getting a bit morbid

Status
Not open for further replies.