Funny bad plasterers

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

windy

Private Member
Doin a bathroom refurb with my friend. We are upstairs and the lady has two plasterers downstairs skimming the lower rooms. We where too busy too quote for the work so the girl rang a plaster from gumtree!!!!

quoted same day and could start the next :RpS_thumbsup:

Day one two of em showed up in Bermuda shorts to do the two lids downstairs. Called up the stairs to us "can we borrow your hop ups!

Haven't you got your own, reply no looking sheepish

so how do you normally do lids? They just walked off.

anyway day one two of them managed a 18m ceiling and one wall and it's as rough as a dogs arse

not just misses but plaster splashes from ceiling etc
scrim all showing through
felt like sandpaper whilst still drying
no floor protection
aldi drill

now we spoke to the owner and told her our concerns.

She said she needs it done this week so she will let em carry on!

they told her they finish at 2pm everyday even though she is pushed for town.

now for the belter they negotiated day rate which is over £130 per day !!!!

so day one got her a lid and a wall.

crazy customers.
It's a disgrace when there are lads on here sitting at home.

Doin a bathroom refurb with my friend. We are upstairs and the lady has two plasterers downstairs skimming the lower rooms. We where too busy too quote for the work so the girl rang a plaster from gumtree!!!!

quoted same day and could start the next :RpS_thumbsup:

Day one two of em showed up in Bermuda shorts to do the two lids downstairs. Called up the stairs to us "can we borrow your hop ups!

Haven't you got your own, reply no looking sheepish

so how do you normally do lids? They just walked off.

anyway day one two of them managed a 18m ceiling and one wall and it's as rough as a dogs arse

not just misses but plaster splashes from ceiling etc
scrim all showing through
felt like sandpaper whilst still drying
no floor protection
aldi drill

now we spoke to the owner and told her our concerns.

She said she needs it done this week so she will let em carry on!

they told her they finish at 2pm everyday even though she is pushed for town.

now for the belter they negotiated day rate which is over £130 per day !!!!

so day one got her a lid and a wall.

crazy customers.
It's a disgrace when there are lads on here sitting at home.

Well If you had lent me and fatarm your hop ups we would have do a better job..................:RpS_wink: and we busted our ass's to do that lid and wall for a poxy £135 a day...........each...........................:rolleyes)

There are 3 lids
two reception rooms
and a kitchen to do so god knows what the final price will be

ps trust me these lads would not be on any plastering forum looking to improve their game... These lads are a disgrace end off. Sat in some betting shop spending the kids maintenence money on fags and horses

There is always people like this and they always make a living, the honest trader can struggle ,it makes no sense but it's been happening since day dot, worked with my uncles pal who always said "a good line in bullshit beats two trades"

She booked them without speaking to us. We tried putting a stop to them after day one but customer having none of it... shes the academic type who prob thinks she knows best

She booked them without speaking to us. We tried putting a stop to them after day one but customer having none of it... shes the academic type who prob thinks she knows best
She will notice the difference and it might mean they have to come back and go over yours..

Missed opportunity there windy. When you turned down the spreading being too busy you could have took the job and subbed it out on here to someone that will do a decent job. Might have been short notice but maybe someone could have done it. If I get too busy I offer work to longstroke lance. Mainly because hes quite near to me and hes got a few lads under him now

say no more from me ,ours is a joke trade as usual

Not that many years ago pva and reskim was unheard of but now every imposter under the sun seems to be doing it and reckon they are plasterers, its certainly the cause of so many yodellers giving the trade a bad name.

Well If you had lent me and fatarm your hop ups we would have do a better job..................:RpS_wink: and we busted our ass's to do that lid and wall for a poxy £135 a day...........each...........................:rolleyes)
Dont argue with him ffs....hes a tiler:rolleyes)

did you see the tiling:RpS_scared:...plumbin works..shoddy:RpS_lol:

oi windy the finished plaster hadnt been sanded and filled yet. ( we had to go an sign on) short day:RpS_biggrin:
wait till its painted before you judge us!
140 a day each to paint it.:RpS_thumbsup:..........

and we aint even gonna mist coat it first:RpS_lol:...........

yeeeeeeehaaaaaaa

Missed opportunity there windy. When you turned down the spreading being too busy you could have took the job and subbed it out on here to someone that will do a decent job. Might have been short notice but maybe someone could have done it. If I get too busy I offer work to longstroke lance. Mainly because hes quite near to me and hes got a few lads under him now

haha gayyyyy

One of the worst cases we encountered last year. We took on a hotel conversion into flats, the owner was a bit inexperienced and running things himself. We priced up 3 phases and after we completed the first phase we pulled off the job to let them get the next flat ready.
A week before we were booked in I thought I would pop my head around the door to see the progress. The next flat was completely plastered :RpS_scared: badly! Client was too embarrassed to look me in the eye saying he was just about to ring me .
The "plasterer" was charging him ....get this.....£55 a day!!!!!!
Couldn't work Wednesdays as he had to meet his probation officer
Couldn't work Thursday afternoon as he had to meet his anger management therapist :RpS_cursing:
Couldn't work Friday afternoon..........didn't want to :RpS_confused:

His work was terrible, in a way these cowboys reinforce our reputation. We are clean , professional and leave a high standard of work. These jokers aren't a threat if you are good at what you do.

These 3 asked me if I had anything for them? They sound OK like but I'm not sure?? :RpS_unsure:
attachment.php

Does that,work

this is what the girl got. We did warn her after day one. Should have seen the poor painter today who arrived at this.

Cheers john

how did u do that?

painters face was amazing. I could hear him downstairs sanding it all down this morning. Lads were on £130 plus per day

Status
Not open for further replies.